𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 1

Kieran Jackson was an established college student-athlete but recently came across a problem

"SUPERMAN, COME HERE!" Kalel, aka Superman Kieran's little brother, stomps into the room

K͟i͟e͟r͟a͟n͟s͟ P͟O͟V͟

My brother finally came after I called him almost five minutes ago. "Yes, kier?" He says. I tell him it's time to go. He's already dressed, so I grab my basketball bag and get in the car. As I drive, I ask him if he's excited to meet my teammates, but he hasn't because I just got custody over him a month ago; my parents are both military, making me a military brat. I haven't told my teammates; I just told Geno to tell them I had a family emergency. Kalel simply answers, "Will I get to see Paige again?" When I got called up to the u18 team, he was around two, and he and Paige were best friends, and so were me and her, but we fell apart. I'm on the college team with her now, but we are not very close, maybe he can bring us close again. I answer and say, "Yes, you will. I'm sure she misses you, little guy." we arrive at the practice, and I take a deep breath and think about what my teammates will think. Will they think I'm a liar for not telling them? Will they not want to be friends? What if they do not like having a kid with them? Before I can spiral, Kalel shouts "out-out," referring to wanting to get out of the car, and I unbuckle him and brace myself.

                     P͟a͟i͟g̲e͟s͟ P͟O͟V͟

   Coach calls a meeting before practice, something about Kieran coming back finally. We've been on a losing streak. I wonder what the emergency was, I guess we will find out when she gets here azzi and I are just talking and waiting for her to arrive. The door opens. "PAIGEEE!" I hear a small voice say. I almost don't recognize him until I see his face." SUPERMAN? Is that you''.  "it is me, it's me," he says as I pick him up, waiting for Kier to tell us what's going on and why my little buddy is here, after not seeing him for two years, she begins talking "my parents have been deployed. I am now kalel, my brother. For you guys that don't know him, I am now his sole guardian" People start asking questions, but I tune them out, listening to kalel go on and on about how he missed me until Kier calls him to say hello to everyone, while he's doing that I go to speak with Kieran, "why didn't you tell me" she pauses for a second trying to find her words "I thought you wanted nothing to do with me after we kissed that night" whispering the last part "Kieran you were my first real kiss I wanted everything to do with you" she goes to speak but is interrupted by actual practice starting.