Chapter One - The witch and his Madness

ACT I

The witch and his Madness

—————————-
126 AC
THE NORTH

Is mortal death a necessity, something we must all endure? What about the price of resurrection? Elaenyra pondered on the thought incessantly it stuck to her as a leaf clings to it's branch. Had she seen death's in her dreams? once eyes are closed and she feels the icy air traverse around the room searching to land somewhere to nip at skin piercingly her mind would show things was it a mockery, were the fates laughing at her?

Her dreams were something of much you would call strange for years without even knowing if what she saw was reality or her mere imagination, picturing tragedies one would go completely insane yet Elaenyra controlled it though she did not know how mayhap she would thank her mother. Cerella had told her that not many had the power she inherited and left it there something held her mother back and Elaenyra decided to leave the matter now she had begun to regret that because there is no way to remedy it her mother is gone.

Outside foggy shadows of grey air encased the pathway, the floor is muddied as specks of snow work to cover it, pieces of glass are hidden away to the side as the wood before it is decaying. A large intricately designed gate adorned the front, jagged edges given the task of protector. In the small village circled by a darkened forest, deep in the core of a valley of mist stood the building in which Elaenyra committed herself to understanding the obscure secrets of death and its turmoil.

The onyx haired witch kept to herself drowned in her solitude.

"Elaenyra I cannot seem to find what it is you are asking for?" The sweet voice of her friend, Janelle, called out. Elaenyra looked to the side with a smile.

Well except for her friend who is the only person Elaenyra enjoys the company off, a friend who has now become a sister.

"Just the wooden box on the second shelf." She responded, and as her friend brought the box over Elaneyra opened it her eyes falling upon the substances decorated inside.

"What do you need them for?" Janelle inquired, she had always be curious but in a more gentle way not so much as her Elaenyra.

"Just searching for something." Elaenyra's hand ran through the box, remembering her mother through the beauty of the different coloured liquids.

Never use your magic for evil her mother would say and young Elaenyra would nod her head along not really understanding for she never had to use her magic much. Not until she began to dream of death itself it frightened her then it followed her during the waking hours of the day constantly attached to her like a lethal shadow only there to cause anguish, she would look to Cerella wide eyed and full of fear Cerella would calm her down and explain.