Cap Catch Up

"A draw huh? If you say so." Captain America said as he helped pick Master Roshi off the floor.

"Didn't you young people ever get taught to never question your elders." Master Roshi said with a hardy laugh.

"We are the same age you know." Steve said as the young and fit looking man folded his arms into his chest.

"To be fair, that kind of comment does work more often than you think." Roshi said as he journeyed to where he left his cane and picked it up.

"Roshi....I think its time you caught me up to speed. What happened while I was away?" Captain America asked, finally getting around to what he was meaning to ask all day.

"I was expecting for you to ask sooner or later. How much do you know?" Master Roshi asked.

"I know about most of the important points, but I need you to fully break down what happened on Earth after Master Mutaito sealed myself and Demon King Piccolo away." Captain America answered.

"Come with me, I know the perfect place to talk. Besides, you need to visit him before we deal with the Red Skull and the rest of Hydra." Roshi said as he begun to walk away, leading the Super Soldier away from the beach.

A half a day later, at a familiar cemetery...

"This is the first time in three hundred years that I am seeing this stone. I wasn't around when the stone cutter engraved his name." Captain America said as he looked down at the grave of Bucky Barnes.

"To this day, we never found the body. After the first war, Howard Stark and Peggy Carter kept searching for his body. They finally stopped looking after so many years." Master Roshi said as he laid out a big enough cloth for the two of them and poured two glasses of tea. No doubt gifts to the Turtle Hermit from Fanfan and Turtle.

"I appreciate what they did." Steve said as he looked down at the grave. Kami damn it, his heart ached not being able to see his friends again. Bucky, Peggy, and Howard. The three of them and Roshi had stood side by side with him through the thick of it, helping Steve in their own way. He knew trapping himself with Piccolo would mean he wouldn't be able to see them again after making the decision, but it still hurt.

"Come and sit. I am sure you have a lot of questions." Roshi said, gesturing lightly to the empty space on the cloth. Nodding, Steve accepted and sat down, much on his mind.

"Let's start with the immediate aftermath of when I was ceiled in the rice cooker with Piccolo." Captain America said as he sat himself down and laid his shield by his side.

"A sad day if you could have guessed. Master Mutaito died. He didn't have the necessary energy to pull off the Evil Containment Wave and survive, much like I did. The Green Goblin was dead at the time, and we assumed the Red Skull was as well. It was just myself and Shen when Peggy and Howard saw that the dust had settled." Master Roshi confirmed.

"How did they take it? How did Peggy take it?" Steve asked.

"Not well. She never gave up hope that Piccolo would never be able to kill you, but as you know more than anyone else, it would have unlikely that you made it through. Still, you proved fate wrong as you always did." Roshi said, his face wary of knowing what he had to tell his friend next.

"And what happened to her?" Steve asked, knowing the love of his life couldn't have lived that long.

"After you were gone, she decided to distract herself by doing a lot of good. We didn't interact that often as I would have preferred. From what I heard, Peggy helped found some organization called S.H.I.E.L.D, or whatever secret mumbo jumbo it was called. Sometimes though she would check in, tell me how the search for Bucky was going. Not a day went by that she didn't miss you. She made sure she was buried with the ring you gave her." Master Roshi said.