Theadora the SLYTHERIN

hey guys, if you want the vibe of this chapter, as they are walking into the hall imagine Nelly Furtado's Maneater is playing ;)

--•--•--•--•--

Looking down, I checked the uniform was as best as I could get it. Professor McGonagall had not nearly given us enough time, my tie was slightly askew and my top button was undone, my shirt was untucked from my skirt. I didn't mind much, school uniform regulations were stupid anyway.

As we waited with the Professor, I looked at my brothers. Adrian looked incredibly similar to me, slightly disheveled but trying his best. Then there was Eli, who looked like he was going for an interview at the Ministry of Magic. Not a hair on his head was out of place, his entire outfit was impeccable. Next to him was Bertie, who had the widest grin on his faced, but otherwise looked mildly presentable. 

Finally, Professor McGonagall said, "They're ready for you now." Taking a deep breath, my brothers and I stepped forwards. 

There was a loud creaking noise, as the chatter from the other side of the door quietened down. Slowly, the doors opened, revealing us.

Without hesitation, we started to walk. We moved as a horizontal line, walking together, never slowing. I could feel all the eyes on me, but no one whispered. Most people already knew we were here from the train ride, but those who didn't were sure in for a surprise.

I stole a glance upwards, amazed at the magic that kept the candles floating, and how you could see the beautiful clear night like it was really there. 

In the room, there were four long tables, clearly representing the different houses. Scanning the crowd quickly, there were a few notable faces such as Harry Potter and his merry band of geeks, many people our father had once introduced us to from his Death Eater circle such as Crabbe or Goyle. But mainly, the room was filled with people I didn't know. Exactly what I needed for a fresh start.

Searching the Slytherin table, I looked for the one person I was supposed to keep an eye on, amongst other things, but came up short. Draco wasn't here.

What I did see however, were many girls focusing on Adrian beside me. This was the first time I was going to school with my brothers, I suppose I never realised how popular he was. 

Facing forwards again, I could see a small stool with a hat on top. Behind, there was a podium where Dumbledore stood, with an undecipherable look on his face. I gave him a small smile as we approached, hoping to look friendly. 

As a group, we stopped a few metres away from the stool. "Something that many of you may already know," Dumbledore spoke, "As a school, we are delighted to accept the Rowle family, who, for unique reasons, could no longer attend their previous schools of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. I hope you shall all welcome them with open arms, and without further ado, let their Sorting Ceremony begin!"

Professor McGonagall moved to stand next to the stool and hat. Producing a small scroll, she spoke clearly. "Adrian Rowle." Adrian winked down at me before moving to the chair.

He sat down, the hat being lightly placed on his head. Without a pause, the hat shouted, "Slytherin!" The table on the far left erupted into cheers and clapping, many of the girls looking as though they may faint. 

Adrian pretty much swaggered over to the table, choosing a seat near the end, close to people we already knew from various events. 

I think most of the room was expecting us all to go into Slytherin. During the first war, our father made it extremely clear which side he was on. For a short while, Voldemort even considered him as one of the most important allies to the cause.