Theadora the POTIONMAKER

Laying still in my bed, I felt the covers being gently removed from over me. "Who sleeps in that position? Merlin that looks uncomfortable!" Why was Theo in my room?

"Shhh, she's gonna wake up if you speak that loudly!" Draco whispered to Theo. Was there a party in my room I was unaware of? I just wanted to sleep!

"Okay..." I heard some shuffling. "Where did the cold water go?" Theo questioned.

"It's over here dumbass!" Blaise replied. He was here too?

I felt someone come round to the side of my double bed. "Count me down, boys!" Theo giggled. I felt a small drip of cold water on my chest. 

"Throw that on me and it will be the last thing you ever do." I stated without opening my eyes.

I felt Theo jump away from the bed. "Ah! Uh - uh, hello Dora! Fine morning out, isn't it?" I imagined the sheepish smile on his face. 

"Get out." I smiled up at them, keeping my eyes shut.

Slowly, I heard the shuffling and muttered byes, then, finally, the door shut.

I groaned, swinging my legs out of bed and rubbing my eyes. I moved over to my dresser, taking out my uniform and placing it on my bed. I reached for the hem of my sleep shirt, pulling it over my head. "Just-" A voice came from behind me.

"Merlin!" I screamed, crossing my arms around my chest. "Draco, GET OUT!" If it weren't for my bra, he would've seen everything!

"Gee, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. As I was saying, just to let you know, Potions started," He took a moment to glance down at the non-existent watch on his wrist, "two minutes ago!" With that he turned and strode out of my room.

With a newfound sense of urgency, I grabbed my shirt, speedily buttoning it up. Then I moved onto my skirt and tights, quickly pulling them on. I slipped into my shoes, grabbed my tie, jumper and pre-packed bag and headed out the door.

Slightly jogging, I crossed the common room while tying my tie. That didn't go so well, it ended up a bit wonky, but I made it work.

Finally, I ended up outside the classroom, five minutes late. 

I walked in, afraid of what I might find. The first thing I noticed was the classroom was filled with students from both Gryffindor and Slytherin, all huddled over a few cauldrons in the centre of the classroom. 

I heard Blaise whisper, "I thought chicks were supposed to take forever to get ready?" Theo just shrugged in response, obviously confused.

Professor Slughorn stopped talking, turning to face me. "Ahh. Miss Rowle, you must've got lost! Never fear, you haven't missed much. Please, join the group. You have your textbook, correct?" I waved it with a tight smile as I walked over.

"Perfect!" He pulled a clipboard off of his desk. "And it says here... that you achieved an Outstanding in your Potions O.W.L. at Beauxbatons! That's highly impressive, Professor Hornson is a friend of mine, however she's not always that interesting... Anyway, you must have studied the Draught of Living Death, what can you tell me about it?"

"It's an incredibly powerful Sleep Draught, Professor. When drunk, it sends someone into a death-like slumber that lasts indefinitely. I've seen it in action once before, and, well, the girl, she never woke up." I looked down, thinking about of one of the girls at my old school being dared to take a sip of the potion we had just brewed. I let out a small laugh at the memory.

"You are quite right. Now, to add a little competition to the brewing, though I don't expect anyone to create a perfect potion in an hour, the person who best creates it will be given this," He drew out a small vial from his pocket, "Felix Felicis!" Dismissing us, Slughorn turned to sit at his desk.