Theadora the WARNED

Walking into the Muggle Studies classroom, I noticed it was pretty empty. A lot of Ravenclaws with a few Hufflepuffs here and there, and Hermione sticking out like a sore thumb in the middle of all of them. 

I moved in her direction, aiming to sit in the chair next to her as everyone needed to be in pairs. Suddenly, I felt a hand drag my shirt to the left, forcing me to sit down in a seat. I looked beside me to see who pulled me around.

"Don't think this means anything." Draco grumbled. When he caught me looking at him, he explained, "Thea, we're the only Slytherins here, I'm not getting put next to some happy Hufflepuff."

Resigning myself to the fact that Draco wouldn't let me move, I pulled out my textbook for the class. As I placed it down, a small note flew out of it, landing on the table in front of Draco. 

I tried to quickly grab it from him, but I was too slow. "Well well well, what do we have here?" Draco mocked as he unfolded the parchment.

"Thea, well done on your Outstanding in your O.W.L! This is a little gift that you'll need for N.E.W.T.s, don't worry, you'll find all the topics easy. If you need anything else, come see me in my office, winky-face, Professor Dowrade." Draco read out.

"His name is actually pronounced Professor dough-rad." I said slowly.

Draco chuckled. "I'd love to know just what you and the Professor got up to in his office..." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

Saving me from any real humiliation, Professor Burbage chose that moment to walk in. While Draco was distracted, I quickly retrieved the note, hiding it at the bottom of my bag. "Welcome to Muggle Studies. I'm glad to see so many of you here!" She was happy for 16 students? It really was an under appreciated subject, muggles were so cool!

As the Professor started the lesson on muggle sports and how they varied world-wide, Draco whispered into my ear. "So, did you get Outstandings in all of your O.W.L.s?"

I shot him a confused look. "For your information, mostly I did. I gained 10 Outstandings and 1 Exceeds Expectations in Transfiguration." I turned to face the front of the class again. 

"Aww, was the teacher a woman who wouldn't accept any of your 'favours' in her office?" He pouted, pretending to be sorry for me.

I sniggered. "If you're suggesting I slept my way to top grades, you would be highly mistaken. I earned everything I had, unlike others who rely on their daddy's a bit too much."

I lowered my voice, "Oh no! I got a Troll in all my subjects, my father will hear about this!" I mocked him.

"I'll have you know, I earned all my grades!" Draco snapped. "I received 10 Outstandings. What is it the muggles say? Quality, not quantity?" 

Giving up on him, I turned to face the front, pretending to listen intently to the rest of the class, while really, the boy next to me had my full attention.

--•--•--•--•--

After Muggle Studies, Draco and I had Slytherin-only Charms with all our friends. After, we headed to lunch together.

"Do I see green beans?" I smiled and quickly headed over to five empty spaces, taking one and tucking into the food. After missing breakfast this morning, I was starved. 

I piled up stew and beans onto my plate, taking a big mouthful. Once Pansy was in earshot, I called out to her, "Pansy! Please wake me up tomorrow in time for breakfast! Please please please please please!" 

She laughed at my hungry state. "Sure! I thought you knew what you were doing this morning, so I didn't want to wake you incase you had an alarm." She took the seat next to me, the boys across from us.

"It wasn't quite an alarm." I shot them all a death-stare across the table. Draco sat there with a smug smile that I wanted to hit right off.

Ignoring them, I focused on the delicious food in front of me until Theo directed the conversation towards me. 

"Hey, Dora, Blaise and I are really sorry for how we acted yesterday, Pansy explained everything. Forgive us?" He gave me a small smile.

"What happened last night!" Draco whined.

Ignoring him, I replied to Theo, "Sure, but you're not apologising for this morning?"

"Never!" Theo grinned.

"Guuuuuys!" Draco dragged out the word. "What did I miss?" 

I laughed, "Honestly, I'm surprised you guys didn't tell him, this amount of pressuring would for sure make me crack."

"If you don't mind me knowing, why don't you just tell me." Draco tried to take a serious tone.

I smugly grinned at him, "Where would be the fun in that?"

Finishing up my plate, I moved to get up. "Where are you hurrying off too?" Pansy asked.

I shrugged. "Things to do, people to see. I'll see you guys later!" In reality, I needed a nice long nap before the two afternoon classes.

Making my way out of the Great Hall, I stopped when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Turning, I came face to face with The Boy Who Lived. I looked him up and down, refusing to speak first.

"Thea, I know you're new here, so I thought I might help you out a bit. You need to stay away from Malfoy and those guys, they're all," He paused, looking around the mostly empty entrance to see if anyone was listening to our conversation, "Death Eaters!" He whispered.

I faked a gasp. "No way!" I emphasised it, but Harry still didn't catch onto the sarcasm, too busy being proud of himself for finding their 'secret'.

"Oh and," he continued, "I think we both know that I deserved the Felix Felicis. You do know that Slughorn only gave it to you, because, well..." Harry looked me up and down. "You're a pretty girl." He looked at me sympathetically.

I swear to Salazar I was about to gut this boy. "Oh no! Is the Chosen One jealous because he didn't get some attention?" I said with a baby voice.

"Why don't you go cry to your mummy?" I taunted. "Oh..." I sucked air through my teeth, "That's a shame, you can't!"

Harry scoffed, beginning to walk backwards towards the Hall. "I was just trying to warn you, but forget I said anything." 

"Oh no, Harry Warry," I continued like I was speaking to a baby, "Consider me warned!" 

I spun on my heels, not looking back. Storming through the corridors, my anger diminished when I heard a voice behind me.

"Thea!" Bertie yelled before tackling my back with a bear hug. I laughed, trying to shake him off while keeping my balance was no easy task. 

Finally, he dropped to the floor, quickly standing up and brushing himself off. "Hey dude! How's the first day?" I asked. 

"It's been sooo great! The people here are so nice, and the teachers? They're actually cool!" I laughed at what mattered to him.

"That sounds fun, have you seen the other two yet?" I asked.

Bertie nodded vigorously. "I saw Adrian at breakfast this morning, but I haven't seen Eli yet. I hope he's alright." He frowned a little.

I shrugged, "He's probably off somewhere revising for his OWLs." I rolled my eyes slightly.

"But they're nine months away!" Bertie complained. "I think Eli should live in the moment because YOLO." I burst out laughing.

"Where did you learn that sentence?" There were tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

"Apparently it's a thing muggles say." I nodded to confirm. "I learnt it from one of the muggle-borns in my dorm! That's another thing that makes Hogwarts cool, they let muggle-borns in!" 

I smiled at my precious younger brother. I was glad that was how he saw the world, not raised with the Pureblood prejudice that our father tried to force into me.

Pointing my finger in the direction of the dungeons, I said to Bertie, "I've got to go now, little bro. I'll see you soon though, okay?" I pulled him into a hug, feeling him nod against my chest.

"See you, Thea!" He turned away, racing off.