80 |Part 1| (Andre)

I wake up with my head resting on the end of Alyssa's bed. She's still asleep. I slowly sit up and gaze at her expression. I notice she seems calmer now, and less sickly, to my relief. She slowly stirs awake and sits up. 

"Feeling better?" I ask. 

She nods. "Thank you for... staying, and helping me."

"It's no problem, I'm just glad you're alright, I was worried."

"I know... I'm sorry."

"It's alright Princess, don't even worry your pretty little head about it," I stoke her hair gently and look her in the eyes as she gazes back at me.

I get a notification on my phone, putting an end to the tension, and I jump at the sound. I pull my hand away and check the message, it's from Harper.

It wasn't only one message. There were 15, each separated by 10-minute intervals. I decide instead of reading all of them, it'd be best to call her.

"Andre, what the hell happened?!" She asks, sounding worried.

"Sorry, I just woke up."

"Andre I've been messaging you since early evening last night. How is Alyssa?"

"She's doing better now, she was really sick last night."

"Alright, well, I'll let you go, but make sure her condition doesn't worsen or I'm coming over there myself."

"I'll take care of her," I say truthfully.

"I know, bye Andre."

"Bye."