pt2

i woke up in an a bed with white sheets and a gray blanket covering me. it was just me in the room. in the bed. alone. the door was open and the blinds were pulled back so i could see through the window.

it was either early morning and cloudy going to rain or mid to late afternoon going to rain. i was so confused but tired and i didn't care much to find out. i just assumed it was still night by the darkness the sky had.

i wrapped myself in a soft gray blanket because it was cold and i didn't want to leave the warmth of my bed but i needed to investigate why the bed was empty apart from me.

so i began to walk out to look for matt there was a bright light coming from a room. but alas it was empty and the wrong room. there was a clear glass window banister that overlooked the living room.

and there sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blanket was matt's friend from work. "so how are things going between you two??"  he said with a smirky grin on his face. i smiled at him and ignored it.

i turned to look at the wide space behind the staircase and there was the light. it was matt sitting on a bed with the light on and the door cracked almost wide open.

i looked at him and asked why he left. he said because i was asleep and he didn't want to wake me. so i walked into the room, turned off the light, and crawled on him and curled up with him. wrapping his head with the blanket i was wrapped on.

he held me close and it felt like everything in the world made sense. i was a girl in an apartment with two boys. one of the being mine and the other being his friend.