13 ; we like avoiding problems

❝ material girl - madonna ❞

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

"cheer up, moony, it'll be alright

"cheer up, moony, it'll be alright." sirius was assuring remus, who was looking more under the weather than usual.

obviously, as it always did, the full moon was rolling by, and being a lycanthrope, a werewolf of sorts, remus would inevitably transform into the canine creature that so often found its way into muggle literature.

ophelia had found out remus was a werewolf back in her early hogwarts days, when james had accidentally blabbed it to her after she'd somewhat gaslighted him into confirming her suspicions. it was hardly a shock, or something that would make her avert her eyes from remus; because it wasn't something he could control.

he wasn't a monster, fenrir greyback was.

fleamont had taken it upon himself to clear out the entire basement of the estate to allow remus a safe area for him to spend the night; with the recent invention of the wolfsbane potion, he had also invested in the brewing of it, to allow remus to keep some semblance of mind when trapped in his more wolfish form.

the wolfsbane potion did not eliminate the dangers of having a werewolf around, mind, it merely allowed the individual to remain in their own state of mind, for example, allowing remus to take a lengthy nap on an old, battered mattress, rather than howling at the moon and hunting kids– as weird as both of those things sounded.

remus merely groaned under his breath, idly breaking off a piece of chocolate and stuffing it into his mouth, avoiding sirius' gaze. he looked mildly disgruntled at the monthly mothering sirius seemed to attempt, even more so considering the contempt he seemed to have developed for one of his closest friends over the last few weeks.

"yeah, we'll make you hot chocolate in the morning." ophelia suggested, james nodding along. "--correction, i will make you hot chocolate." ophelia corrected, ruffling her twin brother's hair with her hand.

"thank you, i appreciate it." remus conceded, offering a weak smile. his eyes were slightly duller, somewhat lack-luster, but the sentiment seemed to have graced him, nonetheless. "i apologize for being so much trouble."

there was an ascent in protests from all three of the others.

"don't let mum and dad hear you saying that, moons." james noted, rolling his eyes lightly. "it's not trouble at all. we invited you here."

"james–"

"yeah, we want you to be here." ophelia chimed, causing remus to grimace in a mildly humored manner, brows furrowing.

"oh, ophelia–"

another interruption, sirius this time, putting a hand jovially on remus' back, but not with as much vigor as he typically would, because even sirius seemed to have been able to develop a semblance of social awareness, even if limited. "exactly, tweedledee and tweedledum are right. we'll do anything for our moony, right?"