16 ; well, isn't this familiar?

❝ i can fix him (no really i can) - taylor swift ❞

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

encountering a drunk regulus black while abysmally sober was a bemusing experience

encountering a drunk regulus black while abysmally sober was a bemusing experience. ophelia, contrary to popular belief, did not resent him for being forced into a certain unpleasant proximity with emma vale. he couldn't exactly help it, but that did not mean that she had spent the past half hour attempting to mess with him.

she was petty, at best.

attempting to get up and walk away got boring after a while though, as with every attempt his clinging became more and more pathetic, to a point where she decided that perhaps it was safer to simply stay as still as possible as to not disturb him.

now he was sprawled with his head rested in her lap, a lopsided, hazy grin fixated on his face as he stared adoringly up at her, and she looked down at him, brows slightly furrowed as she attempted to decipher what he was thinking, if he was even thinking at all, that was.

"you're pretty." he mumbled for the fifth time that evening, followed by her shushing him, for the fifth time that evening. "stop silencing me."

"i'll silence you all i want, regulus." ophelia mused, glancing back up at the mess of a party she was attending. it was indoors tonight because of the summer rain, and the lights were so dim that she could barely see the people around them. he made a sound in protest, reaching up to play with the collar of her raincoat, which she had not bothered shedding.

"you're being so boring."

"that's my line." the reversal of roles was slightly jarring– was this what it was like to be regulus black? well, she was quite certain she was not this annoying when she was around him, but the sentiment was still there.

"why have you been avoiding me?" regulus murmured, his brows furrowing lightly as he seemed to be having very deep, abstract thoughts, or attempting to look like he was. "it was as if i said something to offend you."

well, she had been offended, not by him. by the mere conceptualization of emma vale however, yes. it was childish, petty, even, but she excused herself as not having time to speak with him about it and what she thought about the whole matter. though, now she thought about it, it would have been better to be able to articulate her thoughts to him when he was sober, and could actually understand them.

"you didn't offend me." ophelia sighed, glancing down at him and looking away because he looked pitifully like a puppy sitting beside the dinner table for scraps. "i was being dramatic, is all."

"you don't like emmaline."

"no shit."

he murmured something under his breath, a little slurred whisper that danced away on the air, burying his face against the hollow of her waist, almost falling off the couch they were sat on as he altered his entire position to do so. "i missed you."