15 ; seeing stars

❝ down bad - taylor swift ❞

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

regulus black was rather abysmally sure that he'd fucked up

women, you see, were rather hard to understand as it was; if you combined that with his forest fire of a family situation, disaster was almost a guarantee. there hadn't been hurt on ophelia's face when he'd mentioned emmaline, however it had seemed like a vice had shot up somewhere behind those doe-like hazel eyes of hers.

god, he was such an idiot, wasn't he.

so he had arranged for a floo meeting with the young lady who had become his moral support and advice bearer for the past few weeks. pandora rosier.

any family member of his that was to find him kneeling in front of the fireplace like a crab would have been disturbed, which was why he had shut the door to one of the common areas and locked the door with a hasty charm.

"you said what!?"

the expression of exasperation was evident on pandora's face. see, pandora rosier's face was already a unique sight within itself, a timeless type of beauty that, with her overly cheerful disposition in comparison to her brother's, was rather jarring to him. seeing only her head, with flames licking around her white-blond braids seemed to reaffirm that sentiment.

"i was honest with her, and told her i was arranged to be accompanied by another woman, correct." regulus shot, slightly defensive from the dousing in self-consciousness he was subjected to. "what was wrong with honesty? you said to be upfront."

"with your emotions, not—" pandora shook her head lightly, her pale eyebrows furrowing from their position on her rich shade of skin. she paused, as if articulating a polite manner to berate him. "do you know who emmaline vale is?"

"yes. her father is a wealthy dragon scale merchant."

"no, who she is to ophelia."

regulus had to take a pause. it had not dawned on him that ophelia had known emmaline personally, which now, seemed rather foolish. "oh. no, i do not, then."

"of course you don't, you weren't in their year." pandora explained.

"you were in my year, though."

"yes, but me and her were friends, if you recall. me and ophelia."

"i do not, but continue." regulus earned another eyeroll from pandora; which was impressive, because usually she was rather more like alice fortescue than her brother evan.

"well, emmaline spread some pretty harsh rumors about ophelia throughout the 3rd, 5th and 6th years." pandora paused, as if reconstructing the timeline in her mind for coherence. recalling things from the past were always muddled by human error, perhaps why recalling the faces of the perpetrator of a crime was always such a challenge; though it was unfair to compare it to picturing the executor of a flagrante delicto.