𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24: 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫

《 ੈ✩‧₊˚ ˊˎ- 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕  》

Waking up, the world felt oddly heavy. There was a shift in the atmosphere, almost as if all of the stress had left our bedroom and drifted elsewhere. I couldn't help but sigh at the feeling of this, relishing in a moment of peace within the darkened room. But, nearly a moment later, I noticed that I had been alone in bed and San wasn't anywhere to be found.

I shoot upright, a sharp pain shooting through me as I look around the room, my hand drifting to hold the wound I had forgotten about. I was worried, but only for a moment, but the longer I saw and looked around the space, I had found clues of San's presence. San's dirty clothes within the laundry tote, his missing keys and his absent shoes; all evidence of him leaving.

Carefully, I push my legs over the side of the bed, sucking in a sharp breath as the wound persists to ache with every slight shift. Grabbing my phone, I hoist myself out of bed, strolling into the bathroom, flicking on the light to find myself greeted by my own reflection. I look away for a moment, staring down at the floor, but after a second of hiding away from myself, I glance back up, surprised to see my own eyes blinking back at me.

There was no hatred hiding behind my pained eyes, just subtle exhaustion tinged with unease, but the fear of spotting him looking back at me had gradually subsided. With a subtle smile of relief, I went about my morning routine, trying to make sense of my unkempt hair and ridding the look of exhaustion off of my face. I could vaguely hear laughing coming from the corridor, an ounce of life even in the early morning. I had assumed San was out doing something, possibly running errands or up to no good, either way, he was returning home.

Turning off the light, I stride into the corridor, not particularly bothered enough to change out of my clothes, feeling as if they provided safety from causing discomfort in terms of my wound, but would also be perfect to laze around in.

The corridor was empty, yet the voices of my friends had carried audibly up the staircase, their laughter and early morning chatter bringing a smile to my face. Descending the stairs, I cling to the railing, leading my tentative steps down one by one until I reach the floor, spotting Hyunjin waiting for me with a beaming smile.

"Hi, Woonie," he muses, doing a once over of my appearance. "Feeling okay?"

"Sore, but I'm fine." I smile in return, motioning towards the kitchen. "Where is everyone?"

"Yeosang and Sannie left a bit ago, but Changbin and Wonho are in the kitchen."

The sound of Wonho's name left a bitter taste on my tongue, but I nod anyway, striding towards the kitchen with quiet motivation to grab myself something to eat. Hyunjin follows me, likely making sure I didn't collapse on the way to the kitchen because of how uncomfortable I must've seemed, but it would only be a matter of time before the pain subsided into something more manageable, possibly slight discomfort. It had barely been a full day since the infliction itself, and I already couldn't wait to be completely healed from this.