𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41: 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭

《 ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕  》

《 ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 》

The morning sun filtered through the small windows of our makeshift operations room, casting long shadows over the array of monitors and computer setups sprawled across the large desk. Changbin and I were intensely focused on these screens, tracking every move of Yeosang and Wooyoung as they embarked on their mission. Despite my confidence in their skills, my stomach knotted with worry—their safety weighed heavily on my mind.

The compound they were infiltrating was nestled deep in a secluded forest, heavily guarded, more so than we had anticipated. But I had faith in Wooyoung and Yeosang; they were more than capable, trained for situations just like this. Seonghwa's trust in them was unwavering, yet the gnawing anxiety remained, a silent testament to the dangers they faced.

"Can you hear me, Sannie?" Wooyoung's voice crackled through the earpiece, breaking my focus momentarily. In the background, the low hum of their moving vehicle was just audible.

"I can hear you," I replied softly, my fingers moving deftly over the keyboard as I scanned the camera feeds, ensuring their approach was clear.

The area around the premises was dense with trees, offering cover but also complicating their infiltration. As I flicked through the cameras, time seemed to stretch, each second elongated by the tension of watching and waiting. I trusted Wooyoung implicitly, yet the fear for his safety overshadowed everything else. Despite my resolve to let them handle the situation, the urge to do more, to ensure their safety was palpable.

"You should be able to park nearby and creep through the treeline," I instructed, noting a break in the patrol routes. "There are several sightlines obstructed by the foliage. Also, there's a shift change coming up between the entrance guards—you should be able to take advantage of that and move in without being noticed."

"What about their feed? Is it blocked?" Wooyoung asked, his voice steady despite the risks.

I hummed affirmatively, double-checking the status on my screen. "Changbin and I have manipulated their camera feed. They're seeing a loop of footage from days ago. You two will go in like ghosts, ironically enough," I assured him, my eyes not leaving the monitors as I continued to survey the camera feeds for any signs of irregular activity.

Changbin, seated next to me, nodded in confirmation, his eyes equally locked on his tasks. He was handling the technical manipulation, ensuring that all digital traces of Yeosang and Wooyoung's presence were obscured.

Every so often, I glanced at the digital map, tracking their progress as tiny moving icons that represented them inched closer to the heart of the facility. This mission was critical, and while my role was to guide and monitor from afar, I felt every bit as engaged as if I were there with them. The success of this operation depended not just on their skills and our planning, but on the trust and teamwork.