Leaving?

Lorenzo:

I grunted and started to wake up. God. I hated waking up.

I got out of bed and putted my formal clothes. Since it's always unknown when I've to leave to an mission, I've to be prepared. I walked to the kitchen and thought about the girl who was now sleeping in my house.

There was something about Amora that intrigued me. But as much as I wanted to unravel the mystery that surrounded her, I knew that some secrets were meant to remain hidden. And yet, a part of me couldn't shake the feeling that she was running from something, that she carried a burden too heavy for her to bear alone.

Lost in thought, I busied myself with preparing breakfast, the rhythmic clatter of pots and pans filling the silence of the kitchen. But no matter how hard I tried to focus on the task at hand, my mind kept drifting back to Amora and the demons that haunted her.

Amora suddenly stood in the doorway.

Cazzo.

She was still wearing my clothes. They looked so damn good on her.

"Morning," she murmured, her voice tinged with exhaustion.

I offered her a faint smile, gesturing towards the table where I had laid out breakfast. "Good morning. Sleep well?"

Amora nodded, sinking into a chair with a weary sigh. "As well as can be expected, considering the circumstances."

I frowned concerned. "Are you alright?"

Amora hesitated, her gaze dropping to her hands folded in her lap. "I...I'm fine. Just...thinking."

I nodded in understanding, sensing that there was more to her words than she was letting on. But before I could press her further, she changed the subject, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"I was thinking...about going home," she admitted, her words hesitant.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, my voice soft with concern.

Amora offered me a tight smile, her eyes betraying the fear that lurked beneath the surface. "I'll be fine. I just...need some time to figure things out."

I nodded in understanding, knowing that there were some wounds that ran too deep to heal overnight. "Take all the time you need. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you like."

She nodded slightly.

As we continued to eat, the kitchen door suddenly opened. My hand went directy to my gun, not caring Amora was in the room. Then I sighted, it was only Dean. Dean was one of my best man. Luckily Amora didn't saw my gun.

"Morning, Lorenzo," Dean greeted, his voice laced with amusement as he took in the sight of Amora sitting across from me.

I forced a smile. "Morning, Dean. What brings you here so early?"

Dean's gaze lingered on Amora. "Just thought I'd drop by and see how you're doing. Didn't realize you had company."

I glanced at Amora, silently apologizing for the unexpected interruption. "This is Amora. She's...a friend."

Amora offered Dean a polite nod. "Nice to meet you."

Dean's grin widened, a predatory gleam shining in his eyes as he circled the table, his gaze lingering on Amora's figure. "Likewise. You're looking...good this morning."

I got annoyed, I was getting protective. "Is there something you need, Dean?"

Dean shrugged. "Just checking in, like I said. But if you need me to leave, I can always come back later."

Before I could respond, Amora interjected, her voice firm despite the uncertainty that flickered in her eyes. "It's fine. I was actually just leaving."

I shot her a questioning glance, silently urging her to stay, but she gave me a reassuring smile before rising from her seat. With a quick nod of farewell, she disappeared from the kitchen, leaving Dean and me alone once more.

As the door closed behind her, Dean turned to me with a smirk, his eyes alight with mischief. "Well, well, well. Who's the lucky lady, Lorenzo?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, knowing that Dean wouldn't let up until he had all the juicy details. "Just a friend, Dean. Nothing more."

Dean raised an eyebrow, his grin widening into a knowing smirk. "If you say so, boss. But something tells me there's more to this story than meets the eye."

I sighed, realizing that there was no escaping Dean's relentless curiosity. "Trust me, Dean. Some secrets are better left untold."

As Dean continued to probe, I deflected his questions with practiced ease, refusing to divulge any more information about Amora than necessary. Though he was one of my closest allies in the mafia world, there were some matters that I preferred to keep to myself, especially when it involved someone as vulnerable as Amora.

But Dean was persistent, his curiosity bordering on relentless as he pried for details about our mysterious visitor. With each probing question, I felt the weight of my secrets pressing down on me, threatening to spill out and shatter the fragile illusion of control that I had painstakingly built.

Finally, unable to bear the interrogation any longer, I rose from my seat, my patience wearing thin. "Enough, Dean. Amora is none of your concern."

Dean raised an eyebrow, his expression unreadable as he studied me intently. "Is that so? She seemed awfully familiar with you for just a 'friend'."

I clenched my jaw, struggling to keep my composure in the face of Dean's scrutiny. "She needed a place to stay, that's all. Now drop it."

Dean helded my gaze for too long and then he sighted. "Fine. But mark my words, she's the kind of girl you would want to fight for. And trust me, if you dont do it, I will."

Then he left my kitchen. I grunted annoyed.

I walked to the living room where I saw Amora. She had an small back, with her clothing. She was leaving. Fuck.

"Leaving so soon?" I asked, my voice betraying the disappointment I felt.

Amora nodded, her gaze fixed on the floor as she struggled to find the right words. "I...I think it's time for me to go. I can't keep intruding on your life like this."

I shook my head, my heart pounding in my chest as I fought to mask the panic that threatened to consume me. "You're not intruding, Amora. You're welcome here, for as long as you need."

Amora offered me an smile. "I apprecitate that, Lorenzo. But I'm still intruding your life. Thank you for letting me stay here."

I sighted. "Of course. Any time, Amora."

"Bye, Lorenzo." She said and walked out of my house.

"Bye Amora." I mumbled and looked at her while she left the house. While she left me.

I went with my hands through my hair. I was being dramatic. I only knew her for two days, and I got an thing for her? Please. Lorenzo Hendriguez, wont fall inlove. And he never will.

It's too dangerous. And even if I do, I cant do that to her. She's innocent, while I'm the fucking devil.