Chapter three

the next day alexander had moved Armon to stand next to his tent, he'd told Aria she cant go out but at least Armon will be close to her.

Aria was getting tired of the tent she had stayed in every hour of every day. she had not touched the book that Alexander had given her, if she tried to read it it would only frustrate her more.

she had been strolling around the room, feeling tired of being in bed all day long, she was already starting to get disgusted with her dirty dress that had made the bed even dirtier.

Alexander had not moved the weapons out of the room, she was really curious on how his mind worked. maybe he'd thought he was getting on her good side now that he got Armon near her or that she'd opened up in front of him.

Aria wanted to erase every second of her crying in front of him from her mind, she hated how she let herself be vulnerable in front of him.

she reached for the sword that was laying on the ground, she recognized it, she knew this sword. it was hers. she lightly touched the sharp end of the sword, careful to not hurt herself.

"careful." Alexander had said, making her look up at the tent entrance.

"i know how to handle my own sword." she stood up, holding the sword in her hand as she turned it around.

alexander had kept his distance, staying by the entrance.

for once being smart. Aria thought.

Alexander looked at her, with a weird look on his face. he looked fascinated by her, as if this was the first time he'd see her.

Aria didn't think much of it, she stood there dirty with a sword in her hand, he was just probably thinking how he shouldn't come close.

"I have brought you clothes." Alexander held up a white pieces of clothes in his hand. "i thought you'd need to change out of your bloody dress."

"women's clothing?" she frowned at him.

"yes."

Aria stared at him, while she was thankful at the same time she was confused. she didnt ask of him anything, he was acting on his own will.

Alexander had broken the silence between them, walking to put the clothings he'd brought on the bed, and stood up to face her again. "would you like me to draw you a bath?"

Aria's eyes widened at inappropriateness, her cheeks had heated up, thinking of Alexander, the roman king, anticipating her naked.

Alexander noticed the way her cheeks heat up and laughed. "i will only draw you the bath, i will stay outside the tent to prevent anyone from coming in."

Aria stayed silent, tightening her hand around the sword because of her nervousness.

"or would rather dirty clean clothing?"

"no-no," she replied immediately. "draw me a bath." she felt weird on how she said it so she briefly added. "please."

Alexander smiled at her, nodding his head. he turned around to walk out, stopping before the entrance, turning his head only slightly. "you look lovely when you blush."

Aria's mouth opened in shock as he leaves after saying those words. she glanced down at the sword in her hand, blushing even more now.

———

almost a half hour later, a bath had been drawn for her, by alexander and hephaestion. they were the only people that had walked through that tent entrance. Aria felt seriously bad for hephaestion, she didn't know who he was to Alexander but she was sure that serving him or her wasn't his job.