Chapter five

the next day, Alexander had announced to Aria that they were moving camp, from his own to Darius's luxurious one.

He kept her close to him as he gave her the freedom to use her horse only if she stayed close to him.

To Aria, it was better than sharing a horse with him.

another person had also stayed close to them. Hephaestion was on the other side of her.

Aria had tried to ignore the person who looked at her with amusement filling his face. she did not know who he was but he kept staring at her, every time alexander leaned close and said something to her, the man would laugh.

it didnt take them long to arrive at their destination. Alexander gave her his hand to help her off the horse but she ignored him completely as she helped herself.

the man she didn't know laughed again, he was observing them. "oh now i know."

Aria gave him a weird look, almost a glare that he even dared to look at her.

"persian women, am i right?" the man laughed out loud. 

"ptolemy." Alexander said to him, making the man raise his arms up in defense. "apologize."

"im sorry, my friend." ptolemy smiled as he put his hand on his chest.

"to her."  Alexander told him.

ptolemy turned to her and bowed his head. "i am sorry." he said. aria only wrapped her arms around herself. "i am ptolemy." he put his hand out for her to shake.

Aria only glared at him.

Alexander leaned his head down to her ear. "it's alright, he's a friend."

Aria turned to Alexander. "He is Macedonian." she stared him down. "You all are my enemies."

she wanted to turn around and storm off but she didn't know where to go so she stayed where she is, only just ignoring them.

Alexander reached to touch her arm and push her forward as they walked towards the tent. he opened up the tent which had roman guards standing outside of it, she was confused on why they had stood there before they even came.

"king Alexander!" a woman inside had said, holding up a knife in her hand.

Aria gasped as she saw who the woman was. "my queen."

Aria moved to bow to the persian queen but alexander had stopped her in that moment, wrapping his hand around hers. "no." he'd said. "she is not your queen."

she tried to remove her hand from his. "Alexander." Aria hissed at him.

he ignored her words and kept his hold on her hand. Alexander gave queen stateira one of his famous frustrating smiles, stepping forward towards her making her step back, defending her daughter who stood behind her.

The queen was left all alone after king darius had ran. He left his own wife and daughter all alone for his enemy to take advantage of.

"if you come near my daughter, i will-"

"you will what?" he taunted her, tilting her head to the side. "who do you think i am?"

"you are a barbarian." Queen stateira told him, her eyes filled with poison.

"i will not harm you." Alexander said, glancing behind her. "or your daughter for that matter."

"because we are important to you."

"you are the queen of persia, aren't you?" alexander's hand left Aria's and he turned around. "you will not stay in this tent however, so gather your things."