VIII.

The royal palace of Veluka City was in an extremely mournful mood. Everywhere as far as the eye could see, as far as the ear could hear, there was silence. King Kastor wasn't a bad king, and the town liked him quite a bit. Our Kastor, he was called. There was silence in the steppe. One thing must be left to Khergitum. Whenever someone with whom they crossed swords as a sign of peace died, they drank horse milk alcohol in his memory. They then took the saber and poured water over it so that the dead warrior's soul could be reincarnated into the saber.

Anezhka Palailagovna walked quietly through the courtyard. She had recently turned twenty-three and was wearing a golden dress that matched her blonde hair in an intricate bun. Her beautiful green eyes were looking somewhere to the horizon, to the distant steppe. Someone knocked very gently on the door.,, My lady, are you there? " She recognized Royal Marshal Tiberius by the voice. "Come on my friend. The marshal came in. His hair was already slowly graying, but his mind still worked for three, and he was able to often come up with all kinds of tricks to get out of situations that afflicted the Kingdom of Rhodonia. But now there was a rare peace in Calradia. The Kingdom of Rhodonia had won fame by fire and sword, and especially now no one had enough money to wage wars. The Khergites gladly accepted the peace, although the Diet of Rhodoch proposed to take the southern possessions from them, Tiberius was against.

He was of the opinion that they could not give them a reason to retaliate. Not now. Let the aristocracy content themselves with annexing half of the Kingdom of Swadia under the Rhodian crown. After all, Tiberius had a plan to divide Swadia into the Kingdom of Rhodonia, but not immediately, but gradually. After all, the other half of Swadia was under the rule of Lady Isola, which suited Tiberius quite well. He could determine Swadian politics, as the Swadian throne, as confirmed by all countries at the great convention of the nations of Kalradia, was subordinate to the Rhodonian king. In that case, Lady Isolla was working with a small kingdom, which, however, will want some possessions back. Tiberius was pulled out of his thoughts by hearing the queen's voice - she was just saying something to herself, so he decided to come visit her. Although Agnes was the widowed queen - she was no longer the queen as the head of the kingdom - she was the young Kastor II. with his wife. Anežka, however, received a large widow's share - castles and lands in the north of the Kingdom, while Anežka thought that, given the pensions she has, she could also buy the city of Yalen. However, she now resided in the city of Veluka. ask something, what are you going to do now?"

Anežka was surprised by the question. What am I going to do now.....the fact is she understood why the marshal was asking her that. Her husband had died, the war was over, and the diplomatic mission was now unnecessary, as the important issues had been resolved - thanks to warm relations with the Nords and Vaegirs, and military power. "I don't know. Really do not know. How about the message you sent to Uxhal at the start of the peace roll, Tiberias? " Tiberius sighed. You know, Your Highness, we have such an interesting situation there right now... They left, but then the weather got bad, so they had to stay at a border crossing somewhere near Sun.

*

That's the only reason I know about it, because it's my fief." Agnes sighed.,, It's a shame." The older man looked at her. He recognized what, or rather whom, they were thinking of.,, As far as I know, I sent Baheštur after them just before their report of rainy weather behind them. They could be back in two or three days. ",, That's very good Tiberia, I feel quite lonely even with you here, and Wiglaf too. Most of the people I knew had to move after the king's death, because Veluka fell to his younger sons during Kastor's lifetime. And with Kastor the others created an agreement on a new settlement city, so that the whole kingdom is in the hands of the nobility and the king in Praven. "Anežka, I would like to ask you something." "About what?" The young woman asked with interest what it was all about. "Do you want to withdraw from politics for a while? I know it sounds very bad of me, but it's important- When you do that, people will understand so that you are putting his father's power in his hands, and thus he will have your support." The princess/widow turned to Tiberius. "Yes?" "My lady, I will send some people with you, and I will inform you regularly." "Sure sure...I'll pack my things now."

The rider on the horse wore expensive armor, a brown-red doublet on the ring armor, with a blue belt, and a cap with one large feather on his head, which indicated a high nobleman. He had a saber in his belt, but in his hand was a mace, the insignia of a field governor of the king's troops. This morning the most important event of the last century was being decided. Today, the Republic of Rhodonia merges with the Kingdom of Swadia in the Republic of Two Nations, with the King of Rhodonia above the King of Swadia, or he may become one himself. Kastor has become the most powerful king of the continent today, not even the fierce Khergits or the Nords were that powerful. The young governor cautiously looked around the road. "I must tell Wígláf that I'm looking forward to telling my uncle how dumbfounded the King of the Nords looked when you read that sentence about the lord of the western border." Wígláf smiled and mumbled. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you." "That he's an old bastard, and that uncle will be pleased to have caught him on plums." "Then don't be so grumpy all the time, look, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, but be cool." Wiglaf sighed, because every time Baheshtur started talking about the weather, a storm appeared very quickly. "Don't start about the weather again, or I'll end up somewhere in the backwoods, at some of the poorest Folwark ever!" "But come on..."

*

The rain fell in ropes down, and Baheštur and Wiglaf huddled by the fire. "Next time Baheštur, next time be quiet." "Well, go ahead." Wiglaf looked at him very sternly. "Okay, okay, I'm quiet now." "Great, now help me dry that cloak. And if Tiberius asks us why we've been delayed, you explain, not me.