Chapter 26 - Ferris wheel

[Jai's PoV]

*Filler chapter, just fluff and nothing major.

"Good morning," I breathed out and snuggled into his bare chest as the dawn rays glowed in the dark room.

"Good morning, Jaan," he planted a kiss on my forehead and I squinted my eyes.

We stayed like this for a few more minutes before our alarm disturbed us, causing us to groan and turn it off. "Jai?" he said.

"Yes?" he pulled me on top of him and wrapped his arm around me while I rested my side over his heart, his heartbeats comforted me.

"I love you."

I chuckled, "I love you too," he rubbed his hand over my spine and pulled me closer to him while he played with my curls. I let out soft breathe as I tried to match my breaths with his, he chuckled at me when I drew shapes on his body with my fingers, and he smiled when I smiled at him, he said 'I love you' so many times in only 30 minutes of being awake, god..I love him so much.

"K?"

"Hmm?" he twirled my hair between his fingers.

"Get up, we have to shower," I fell into his warm embrace more.

He whined, "Not yet, let's stay like this for a few more minutes," he gave me puppy eyes and I was almost about to give in before my firm side came in.

I sat on his stomach, "you have been saying this for the last 10 minutes," I leaned in and kissed him. He groaned when I pulled away from his kiss.

With a sigh, he leaned against the headboard and pulled me in his lap, "You win," he whispered against the curve of my neck with sleepiness in his voice as he buried his face.

"Good," I moved closer to him, "now get up."

He scooped me in his arms and walked slowly towards the bathroom door, he placed me on top of the counter and passed the brush, giving me a lopsided grin while brushing his teeth and I blushed at the sight. After rinsing and cleaning his mouth, he turned the tub faucet on and wiped my face, "I am not a kid," I brought my lower lip forward in a slight pout.

"Ok," he said washing my face while he looked at me with those eyes that said 'really?'

After completing one of his motherly roles, he helped me take off the tee and then the rest of my clothes before I did the same. I spread my arms wide and he picked me up as if I weighed nothing and helped me sit on the tub before sneaking behind me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Since, when do you like me?" he suddenly questions which caught me off guard.

"Ugh, I.." I have no idea what to say, but I won't lie, he is my best friend and now, boyfriend too, "It's been a long time, I don't remember the exact date, but we can say ever since you hugged me after I did your assignment?"

"You fell for me just because of a hug?" he acted offended, "but that was so long ago you fell for me first?" he turned me around and I was facing him as my breathing multiplied.

I nodded while my eyes stared at anything else than his eyes, maroon spreading across my body, especially my cheek and neck.
"You liked me when I liked someone else," he breathed out while his thumb brushed the water droplet on my cheekbone. "I left you alone when you had a crush on me," he whispered and my chest felt heavier.

"I am so sorry, baby," he pressed his forehead against mine, "I should've known better, I would never leave you alone, I love you too fucking much for that to happen," he kissed me passionately, just the way I had always daydreamed.

"It's ok, I love you so much too," I melted into his body with his scent engulfing me.

"Let me make it up to you, let's go to the amusement park today?" hopefulness filled his voice.

And how could I deny it?

****

He grabbed my hand and navigated me towards the gigantic Ferris wheel, the evening sun had settled down behind the flowy leaves of the trees while pastel colours enchanted the sky, moon sneaked upon us as we smiled at each other wearing the clothes we selected for the other. He looks so beautiful, he looks so much like mine.

We sat across from each other and I looked outside from the window, the city never looked so beautiful, maybe I had never seen it from here, or maybe because I had never seen it with him. Either way, I am falling in love, with the city and the guy across me who is trying to sneak a photo of me.

"You know that I am scared of altitude, come sit with me," he patted the empty space next to him.

"Really?" amusement filled me, "I clearly remember going skydiving with you for your birthday and you having the time of your life."

"It developed a few days ago," he pushed his lips forward in a small pout and I chuckled.

"Come sit-" I pressed my lips against his as we reached the highest point, wishes made on the highest point of the Ferris wheel always come true and I wish to spend all my life with you, my hands pressed against his face as the feelings inside me erupted, he froze from my action but kissed me back soon, his hands grabbed my waist while I could hear my heartbeat in my whole body, "I love you, I will always love you," he pressed his lips against my cheek before making me sit against him and holding my hand, "I will always love you too," I rested my head against his shoulder as night crept around the horizon.

****

I wonder what Karthik had wished for...

****

1000 words
Hey guys!! I know I am later once again, more than a month!
I was busy for the whole month and couldn't make time to write.
Anyway, thank you so much for 1.13k reads!! 🙇
Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot :)).