CH 4

Days pass after the realization of the unknown outbreak. Starlight was in her house experimenting with strange black liquids she had found days before. After hours of experiments on the black liquids, she came to an idea. She grabbed her notebook and a pen with her magic and began to write.

   “‘Day 1,

  It has been four days since an unknown outbreak occurred. But a week after Kira went missing. Me and Flutter Chaos went out the other night and found some weird black ooze in the dirt, but it really smells. I collected some to experiment with. I wore my safety equipment just in case it's toxic. 

  I took some of the liquid and some of my blood together to see what it would do. Almost immediately, the blood I set beside the black liquids turned black also. That makes me wonder if others can get infected by blood contact or open wounds. Does Silva from a bite turn us into those monsters? If so, I need to monitor Flutter Chaos. I also need to grab another to see the difference and see if there is a cure or a way to stop it.

  I wonder if any ponies immune system can kill the infection…’

   Starlight got done from her writing and walked downstairs to Flutter Chaos. She sighed and sat down.

   “Flutter? Can we talk?” Starlight placed her hoof on Flutter Chaos's paw.

   “Yeah. What's wrong, Starlight?” Flutter Chaos looked over.

   “So I did an experiment with the black ooze, which turned out to be the blood of the infected. Or so I think. I put a bit of my blood beside it and it immediately took over the blood, turning it black. So I'm thinking any blood contact or opened wounds with this black blood can turn us to the infected. So I fear that maybe bites do too.” She looked down at Flutter Chaos's healing bite. “But you seem fine, but also I was to be cautious, are you okay with me keeping you in a room just in case?”

   “Yeah. Um, that's fine Starlight.”  Flutter Chaos rubbed at her healing bite. She was nervous now. What if I am infected? She was thinking to herself now.

   “Here I'll go ahead and take you to the room I'll have you stay in.” Starlight began to lead the way. Flutter Chaos followed close behind. They walk downstairs of Starlight's house. Starlight had created a lab and bunker under her own home for safety reasons. The two ponies finally reach a hall full of rooms that look the same. Starlight stops in front of one of the rooms. “Here's your room for now. I hope it's comfortable for you, Flutter.” Starlight opens the door and reveals a completely white room. The walls were padded, and there was only a bed. Only one thing was different. There was a jar of lightning bugs. Flutter Chaos's favorite bug. Flutter Chaos goes inside and sits on the bed. She saw a huge mirror in the room, she knew it was a two sided mirror.

   “Hey Starlight? How long will I be here?” She asked nervously.

   “Honestly, at least a week. If there are not any symptoms or signs then, I'll let you out. But if there are any signs, you will have to stay in this room.” Starlight looked sad as she closed and locked the door, leaving Flutter Chaos all alone in the white room.

   A week later had passed. Starlight came back to the room where she had left Flutter Chaos. She unlocked the door and went inside. Flutter Chaos was sound asleep. She looked like herself.

   “Flutter? Are you awake?” Starlight tapped her hoof.

   “I am now-” Flutter Chaos woke up and groaned. “Is it time yet?” She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

   “Actually yes. It is time to let you come out. You have had no signs of the infection. So that's good news. It seems you may be-- what's the word,” Starlight closed her eyes. “Right! Immune! You're immune to the infection it seems.”