CH 5

"So I'm not able to be infected?" Flutter Chaos asked. "I'm safe from the infected?" She smiled happily.
"Mostly. But that doesn't mean you can't be killed by the infected Flutter. So you will still have to be careful." Starlight rubbed her temple with her hoof. "But the only thing is, how do we find a cure?" Starlight began to walk back and forth and she was in her thoughts of finding a possible cure.
Flutter Chaos heads back upstairs to the main part of Starlight's home. She goes into one of the spare rooms and looks out the window. The sky was dark and grey, and the ground was covered in bloody and decaying bodies that either hungered for flesh, or death. One of the infected stood out more than the others. Kira. She seemed to have gotten bigger, her back legs seem longer and bent awkwardly. Her front right leg is missing and rotten.
Flutter Chaos turned away from the window, closing the blinds with her tail. Tears filled her eyes as she laid down. She couldn't believe any of this was happening.

Sky was flying about in the sky looking down at Mystica. She was looking for survivors. In which she found a few. Two small cat hybrids it looked like, and a pony lay limp near them. Sky flew down to examine the small ones.
"Is anyone hurt?" She asked.
"No but our friend. He was attacked saving us from the-- infected he called them. I think." Sky walked over to the limp pony and saw he was still breathing. She examined his wounds to find three bite marks. She immediately picked up the children and flew off quickly.

Starlight hears a knock on her window.
"What on earth?" She opened her blinds to see Sky holding two hybrid kids. "Sky? What are you doing outside?" Starlight opened the window. Sky rushed in and placed the kids down.
"Sorry Star, I was on a patrol on my own and spotted these two. They had a friend but um, he was bitten. Three times." The kids kept close to Sky in fear.
"Oh my stars! Where are your parents?" Starlight asked them.
"They attacked us!" The little ones covered their faces. "We heard noises outside our room. We left and saw our parents in the kitchen, but black was coming from their noses and mouths. They saw us and chased us outside."
"I'm so sorry. You'll be safe here. Alright?"
"Thank you miss princess." The children ran off somewhere in the house.
Flutter Chaos then walks out of her room to see Starlight and Sky in the hall.
"Oh hello Sky." She then tripped as one of the kids ran under her hoof. "Eep!" Sky quickly grabs her from her fall. "Oh thank you Sky." Flutter Choas gets back into her hooves and paws.
"Try to be more careful next time Flutter." Sky smiled softly before walking to the front door.
"Sky! Wait!" Flutter Choas grabbed onto Sky's wing. "I looked out the window last night, I saw Kira. She's gotten bigger, like a lot bigger!"
"Kira?" Starlight and Sky looked at each other.
"She's mutating." Starlight immediately ran into her lab in the basement.

Hours go by. Starlight's still down in the basement as Flutter Choas and Sky look out of the windows. The infected still walking around. But one catches Sky's eye. There was a infected with roots hanging from its mouth and crystals in its eyes. Sky points to it and Flutter Chaos gasps. She knew who it was too. But she refuses to say who it was.
In the next second, a loud bang comes from the front door. Sky rushes downstairs as Flutter Chaos runs to grab the two children in the other room.
Sky makes it downstairs to see Starlight facing the infected Kira. She rushed towards them only to be knocked back by Starlights magic. It was a magical barrier over Starlight and their infected friend.
"Star!" Sky began banging on the magical barrier. "Don't do this! You will get hurt! Get away from her!" She continued to yell.
"Get to safety Sky. Take Flutter and the kids with you." Starlight was determined to protect what was left of her friends. The infected Kira runs at Starlight, almost biting her. Sky still tries to break the magical barrier but she couldn't. She sat there in horror watching the two fight. Sky turned around hearing a scream. Flutter Choas was at the end of the stairs with the kids, witnessing the fight. "Go now!" Starlight yells. She continues to use her magic against the infected Kira, but the next second it bites her hind leg. Starlight screams in pain as the infecteds teeth sinks into her flesh, tearing out a chunk of her leg. She falls and used the last bit of her magic to teleport her friends to safety.

"No Starlight!" Flutter Chaos yelled as she and Sky were now in a different place. Sky stomped her hoof into the dirt in anger. The kids hug onto Flutter Chaos's legs in fear.
"Damnit Star!" Sky was clearly upset. "Why did you do that?" She sat on the ground, tears flooding from her face. "You promised to help us." Her voice softened as she cried.
"Sky?" Flutter Choas sat beside her. "She is helping us. Let's find a place before the infected finds us." She was trying to change the subject.
"You're right." Sky rubbed her eye and got up. "We need to find a new place." She then looked up into the sky. "We got this Star."