animal shelter ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Ive been having so much free time on my hands and so has Lorenzo so we thought we might put it to good use and volunteer at an animal shelter.
"hey, are u ready?" He asked as he stood by the bedroom door.
"just a second!!" I said as i scrambled to find my lip liner scattered somewhere on my vanity desk. I applied it on and put on some lip gloss.
"okay i'm ready now" i said walking over to him, he grabs my purse for me as we both head out the door. He opened the car door for me like he always does and we head off to the animal shelter.
...
"hi we're here to volunteer, we called in a few days ago" i told the lady in the front
"ahh, yes!! okay you two come with me" the lady said motioning us to come with her.
"okay so these two dogs are a bonded pair so you guys will have to walk them together. their names are romeo and juliet" she said pointing at the two cavalier king charles spaniels. Me and Lorenzo both get on our knees, leashing the dogs. We walk out the shelter hand in hand and into the big paved area where they walked the dogs outside. It was really sunny out and hard to see where we were going.
"enzo, do you want your hat? I packed it in my purse for you just incase." I said looking up at him.
"yes, put it on for me" he said as he shrieked down to my height.
I rolled my eyes and began to laugh as i put his hat on, kissing his cheek in the process.
...
As we follow the path and notice the dogs seem a little dehydrated so we stopped by a water fountain that had a thing just for dogs and headed back to the shelter for the next and last task.
...
"hi guys, how was your guys walk?" The lady from earlier asks.
"it went smoothly, we both enjoyed it" i answered as Lorenzo nodded agreeing with me.
"okay, your next task is to bottle feed some kittens. I'll take you guys to the room." The lady gets up from her seat and makes her way to the room where we could hear some quiet meows.
"oh my gosh, lorenzo look how cute" i say keeping my voice quiet
"don't get any ideas" he said silently laughing
"oh come on, they are so cute" i said as i carefully picked one up.
"well if you two have any ideas, just letting you guys know that these kittens are ready to be adopted. I'll leave you guys to it" The lady says as she gives us  6 bottles for the 6 kittens that need feeding and left the room for us to do what we needed to do.
"i mean, now that i'm thinking about it, i could see us raising a cat together like cat parents"  Lorenzo said as he picked up a brown cat and a bottle.
"we would make really cute ones huh?" i said as i picked up a ginger cat
"it's like our own little family which will prepare us for the future" he said grinning
I let out a laugh and say "so does this mean we can get a little kitten?"
"of course, amore mio" he said as he expressed a cheerily smile.
"oh gosh, i can't even choose which one i want" i say in excitement
He lifts up the brown cat he was currently feeding.
"i'm thinking of this little one, what do you think?" He asked
"of course, she's so cute" i said petting the brown cat with my pointer finger. When the brown cat finishes its bottle, Lorenzo gets up and walks in-front of me. I look up at him as he looks down at me. He grabs my face and places a kiss on my forehead and lips.
"what was that for" i ask but i am not complaining.
"just really excited to be a cat parent with you" he said
"gosh ur so cute" i said laughing
"i know" he said
...
We feed all the kittens and tell the lady that we are all finished.
"any kittens you guys are willing to adopt?" The lady asks as if she could read our minds
"Actually yes, we would like the adopt the brown kitten we just fed" i answered
"great!! I'll give you guys the information and the cost of this little one" the lady said as she went off to go get the information sheets.
...
We filled out the sheets and got accepted to adopt the little one. We were now headed home as the brown unnamed kitten laid  sleeping on my lap.