Chapter 13

They weren't taken the whole way home, but they were dropped off close.

That is, if Australia could be considered close.

Izuku would argue that at least it was in the eastern hemisphere. Shigaraki would then argue that they lived in the northern hemisphere, and they were dropped off in the southern hemisphere, so no, it was not close.

Shigaraki grumbled that he had no choice but to call Kurogiri for a warp gate to get them the rest of the way home, because it's not like A'zawa and H'zashi dropped them off with a fat stack of human cash that they could use to get some plane tickets, so they searched for a payphone.

"Would you hide your goddamn hair? You're going to get us recognized!" Shigaraki complained after he swiped a jacket from an outside kiosk himself, using the hood to cover his own hair and features as much as possible.

"Do Austrailians care about Japanese culture that much that they would recognize us?" Izuku asked, but still anxiously put his arms over his head–like that would do anything to disguise himself. "Maybe the number one hero, but I haven even broken the top 50, yet. And sure, you're the leader of the League of Villains, but you guys haven't been making any huge waves recently. You've kind of been laying low."

"Laying low?!" Shigaraki screeched, gaining the attention of others passing on the street.

"Uh, Shigaraki–"

"Not making huge waves?! I'll have you know that we–"

"You're drawing a lot of attention towards us!" Izuku said with a high pitched voice as he smiled and waved at people who were definitely looking at them. "And if you're talking about that human trafficking ring that you guys demolished, that wasn't exactly villain-like, so not your usual waves."

"It was too villain-like," Shigaraki argued. "We stole all the money they had. Releasing all their victims was just... fun, okay? I got to use my quirk, Toga got to practice her lock-picking skills, and we got to confuse a bunch of people."

"I'm sure those were the only reasons," Izuku said, heavy with the sarcasm.

"I'll show you a reason–" Shigaraki threatened, reaching his hand out toward Izuku.

"Oh, look! A payphone!" Izuku said, pointing across and down the street.

Shigaraki grunted, putting his hand back down and crossing the street with Izuku. "Besides," Shigaraki grumbled, getting back on the initial topic, "you don't know who might be here, not just Australians. There could be someone who moved here from your hometown, or hell, even a hero here on vacation who recognizes both of us if we give them the opportunity," Shigaraki warned, swiping a sun hat from another outside stand and plopping it down on Izuku's curls.

"You sound like you speak from experience," Izuku hedged, adjusting the hat to fit more comfortably and decidedly not complaining about how it was stolen. Not the time or the place for my moral high ground, Izuku decided. Besides, trying to return it would just leave me without a disguise and draw more attention to ourselves that we absolutely don't need.

"Nowhere is safe," Shigaraki answered vaguely, looking back at Izuku meaningfully.

The payphone was right next to a library that Izuku used to quickly look up the coordinates of where they were currently located before Shigaraki would call Kurogiri. Izuku eyed Shigaraki's hand as it quickly snatched the coordinates from under his as soon as he finished writing them– Shigaraki's hand that now had full access to his quirk, and that poor, defenseless piece of paper that had the coordinates written on it. Izuku decided to quickly write out the coordinates again, just in case, before rushing to follow Shigaraki out to the nearest payphone.