50. Reena/ Vijay

Reena

                                         Reena

It was just a normal day and I was relaxed as it was Sunday and I had a holiday. It's not like every day I was busy with case but still I had to go to work just to help out juniors and read cases randomly.

Mummy jii and Papa jii were taking Ruchi to an amusement trip and she was so excited about it. Ruchi have grown up as a person who loves nature, animals and likes to explore new adventures. She never buried her attention in the phone while eating instead she used to focus entirely on her food.

After they left I was preparing lunch for me and Vijay in the kitchen when he entered and sat on the kitchen counter silently.

"What?" I asked.

"What?" He asked me the same question.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why can't I see you without any reason?"

"You can."

"So let me."

"Okay keep looking at me while chopping these vegetables." I slided the washed vegetables and cutting board to him.

"Can I tell you something? Only if you promise to not panic or get angry at me." He said.

"Yeahh! Tell me what is it." I said casually thinking that maybe he messed up something silly.

"Ummm..."

"Come on, just tell me Vijay."

"Aarnav is sitting in our living room." He said and the spoon fell off from my hand and made sounds on the floor.

I looked at him in surprise trying to convince myself that he said what I heard.

"I am sorry what?"

"You heard it right." He said giving an awkward smile.

"Are you out of your mind? What the hell were you thinking?"

"Just go talk to him once."

"I am not-"

"Tujhe Ruchi ki kasam."

"Don't use these Mummy jii ka tactics on me."

"Now you have to go, you got no option."

I didn't speak anything further and left in anger. When I entered the living room I could see his back. He was sitting on sofa while his elbows were resting on his knees and legs were shaking. I slowly went forward to face him. When he saw my legs, he lifted his head up and we finally saw each other.