Chapter Six: Fright Night

I ran out the backdoor, dodging the hands of the two vampires who chased me.
I curved around the side of the house, only to slam into another one and falling to the ground.
He hissed at me and I kicked, hitting in the face as he leaned down.
I rolled, swinging the sword towards him as I did, managing to slice him in half.
I got up and ran, rounding the house to the front, seeing the driveway completely empty.
I stayed still too long, getting tackled to the ground. My hair was grabbed painfully and my head forced back to see a tall man in a simple black suit.
I thought for a moment he was a Slayer until he smiled, fangs showing.
His black hair was slicked back from his thin, pale face, he'd had been handsome if he wasn't a monster.
"So, you're the little Slayer-born?" He asked, crouching down to stroke my cheek.
I didn't understand what he meant.
Slayers were created, orphans from birth, they were adopted by other Slayers, trained and injected with angel blood until a Slayer was created or they die. After that, Slayers couldn't have children, all of them were infertile.
Grayson had never told me, but I had read it.
I jerked away from him hand, going to scream wen he tutted me.
"I've got your Slayer guards on a little run around, they're not going to save you now." He smiled and stood.
The crack of dads rifle filled the area and the ground between me and the man kicked up in dirt from a bullet.
We both looked to the attic window, Cindy leaning out and reloading.
"She doesn't need a man, when she's got a cousin with a gun." She smiled. "Move and the next one goes in your head."
The man smirked at her and he turned, holding his arms out to her.
"Shoot me, I'm still going to take her." He purred.
"Have it your way, mister." Cindy shrugged, aiming.
"Cindy, don't!" I screamed, struggling against the two men who pinned me, twisting my arm behind my back painfully.
She hesitated, it appeared to long enough because when I managed to breath, I was in a tunnel.
I looked around, my hands bound with a ziptie and the two who held me handed me to the suited man.
He grabbed my bicep tightly, shoving me through the maze of tunnels.
I covered checking for my watch as scratching, feeling the leather band and suppressing a sigh of relief.
Grayson had given it to me last week, and I could almost guarantee, it was to keep track of me since the increase in vamp activity.
The man led me through a maze of tunnels before coming out into an open area that seemed to be a shutdown section.
Old piping and stale air filled the room, scattered with almost a hundred vampires.
I was terrified the way they all watched me, the man pushed me through to a set of overlaid concrete slabs, making a make-shift stage.
He pulled me up it with him, turning me to face his hoard.
"I've caught the Slayer-born!" He shouted, receiving a cheer of hisses.
"I'm not a Slayer. My parents were human!" I tried, getting struck in the face in response.
I gasped at the pain, tasting blood from biting my tongue.
"Your mother was a Slayer." He hissed. "Dear ol daddy was a fallen angel."
I glared at his lies, trying to fight against him.
"Liar! You have wrong chick! A car accident couldn't kill a Slayer!" I shouted, trying to poke holes in his lies.
He smiled wickedly at me.
"Is that what they told you?" He cooed, giving me fake pity. "Your father murdered your Slayer mother and her human sister and that pathetic brother-in-law, by beheading them and burning their bodies. The best way to rid of a Slayer and its disgusting line." The crowd before us yelling and cheered, tears stung my eyes.
"Liar!" I screamed again. "Then why am I alive? Huh?" I wanted to smile, but he just glared at me.
He kicked the back of my legs, dropping me to my knees, smashing them into the stone below. He gripped my hair, making me cry out and struggle against the bonds.
He leaned close to my face and whispered.
"Because, he realised the same thing we did." He inhaled my skin before licking my cheek, making me wince in disgust.
"You're special. You can make pure Dark Ones. A breedable Slayer, do you know how much you're worth to your father? He could seek you to the highest bidder every 10 months." His words widened my eyes, fear making me tremble.
They wanted to breed with me.
The Dark Ones lines were so muddled and crossed, they'd be extinct if it weren't for summoning. To be able to start a new line of Dark Ones, capable of reproducing like a human.
It was clean the line, bringing back stronger and worse than what currently roamed.
I looked at the man, hoping I'd wake up on the couch on Grayson's lap.
Instead, I was punched and knocked unconscious.