Chapter 3 (Season 1): Falling Rome

A sudden happenings makes Camilla's heart pounded as she watched her friend freeze, the color draining from her face until she turned a ghastly shade of purple. Panic surged through Camilla, and she sprinted toward her friend, desperate to understand what was happening. But her questions fell on deaf ears; her friend remained silent, lifeless. The inexplicable event unfolded right before her eyes, leaving Camilla stunned and alone. As she glanced at the unassuming box they had discovered earlier, a chilling thought crept in:

"Should i be worried to?"
"What secrets did that innocuous chest hold?"

Camilla's blood ran cold at the sight before her. Shaken and scared, she hurried to call the soldiers. When they arrived, she stammered out the story of her friend's death and the odd way the box behaved.
The soldiers were confused and worried about Camilla's state. They couldn't explain what happened, but one thing was clear: Camilla shouldn't stay alone with the box. They insisted she come with them to the palace, where the king could investigate the strange object.

The sky looms heavy with thick, ominous clouds, shrouding the landscape in darkness.

Convinced the box held a terrible curse, Camilla followed the soldiers, her heart pounding with fear. At the palace, the soldiers explained everything to the king. They told him about Camilla's friend's death, the box's strange behavior, and Camilla's belief that it was cursed.

Racing back to her home, Camilla is met with a chilling scene. The throng of Romans encircling her dwelling shares the same grim destiny as her friend. Their once vibrant skin now bears a haunting purple hue, a testament to the stark grip of death. Overwhelmed by fear and confusion, Camilla grapples with the inexplicable horror before her. She's clueless about the cause, but an unsettling certainty creeps in the mysterious box somehow holds the key to this unfolding tragedy. Amidst the silent company of fallen Romans, Camilla stands, awaiting the king's arrival. As he approaches, his face twists with shock and horror at the sight of carnage. His gaze lands on Camilla, the sole survivor amidst the lifeless bodies. Anger boils within him, blaming her for the devastation. Suddenly, he draws a knife and thrusts it into Camilla's heart, leaving her crumpled on the ground, bleeding and fading away...
Despite her wounds, Camilla clings to her resolve to survive. With Rome's streets eerily deserted, she perceives herself as the final torchbearer of the Roman Empire's legacy. Fleeing the city's horrors, she charts a course for Egypt, seeking solace and sanctuary in its ancient lands. Determined to leave Rome's nightmares behind, she vows never to look back, embracing the promise of a fresh beginning in a different province.