Chapter 6 (Season 1): The True Beginning Begins

As the soldiers menacingly brandish their swords towards Camilla, a sudden wave of sickness overtakes them, causing them to double over in coughing fits, blood staining the ground beneath them. The gruesome scene unfolds before Camilla's eyes, leaving her both startled and horrified. It's evident they're afflicted by a mysterious illness plaguing the people of Egypt. However, Camilla finds herself at a loss, unaware of the cause or how to respond. With the soldiers collapsing unconscious, dropping their weapons, Camilla stands alone in the deserted street, grappling with uncertainty and fear.

Soldier 1: Clutching his throat, coughing violently Can't... breathe...

Soldier 2: Doubles Over, Vomiting Blood Help... us...

Camilla: No... Don't... Steps back, horrified

Soldier 1 and 2: Falls to the ground, Unconscious

She is engulfed by a wave of shock, fear, and anguish as she witnesses the soldiers collapsing suddenly from the disease. Utterly bewildered and devastated, she finds herself paralyzed, unsure of her next move. Tears stream down her face uncontrollably as she flees, her mind clouded with confusion and despair. Determined to avoid any potential encounters with others who might also be afflicted, she dashes away, her heart pounding with fear and uncertainty.

As Camilla dashes through the streets, the weather abruptly shifts, unleashing a torrent of rain that drenches her completely. Shivering with cold and growing more apprehensive by the moment, she feels her desperation mounting. Lost and alone, she presses on, desperately seeking refuge from both the downpour and the looming threat of the disease, her heart racing with each step.

Lying helpless and drenched on the ground, Camilla is inundated with memories of her beloved daughter. The haunting recollection of the tragic events in Rome floods her mind—the heart-wrenching loss, the brutal injustice of her daughter's untimely death at the hands of the king. The pain and despair of that moment still raw. It was this unbearable anguish that compelled her to flee to Egypt, seeking solace and a fresh start far from the horrors of her past. Yet, as she lies battered and vulnerable, it becomes painfully clear that the specter of those same horrors has relentlessly pursued her, casting a shadow over her newfound sanctuary.

Camilla: Gasping for breath Why... why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't I protect her?

Inner Voice: whispers You did everything you could, Camilla. It wasn't your fault.

Camilla: tears streaming down her face But it's not fair... she was so young, so innocent.

Inner Voice: I know, Camilla. I know. But we have to keep moving forward. We can't let the past consume us.

Camilla: struggling to sit up How can I move on when every moment feels like a reminder of what I've lost?

Inner Voice: You're stronger than you realize, Camilla. You've survived so much already. And you'll continue to survive, no matter what comes your way.

Camilla: clutching her chest I just... I don't know if I have the strength to keep going.

Inner Voice: You do, Camilla. You have to believe that. And remember, you're not alone. I'm here with you, every step of the way.

Camilla: closing her eyes, taking a deep breath Thank you... thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone.

Inner Voice: Anytime, Camilla. Now let's get you back on your feet. There's still so much left for you to see and do in this world. You're the one who will end the curse.

On the rain-soaked ground, Camilla's cries pierce the night, her sobs echoing with unrestrained anguish. Grief grips her heart, unleashing a torrent of sorrow as she confronts the haunting memories of her past in Rome. With each scream and sob, she releases the pent-up emotions she has long suppressed, allowing the relentless rain to wash over her, a futile attempt to cleanse the wounds of her soul. Overwhelmed by the weight of her grief, the memories of her beloved daughter and the injustice that befell her flood her consciousness, drowning her in waves of inconsolable sorrow and profound anguish.