Tick-Tock

Finnick attached to her like a leech the moment screams echoed through the arena. A cannon sounded signalling the end of another tribute. 

Evadine watched sadly as the enormous wave took over that section of the arena. She wondered how Snow would have saved her from something like that. The monkeys and poison fog were easy bio-mechanics, but he wouldn't be able to grant her the ability to not be crushed by a thousand tons of water crashing down on her. 

"Someone's here" Katniss announced, pulling an arrow from her back and drawing her bow, towards the unseen threat. All eyes turned down the shoreline as another group stumbled out of the woods, covered in blood.

"JO!!! MY BLOOD-THIRSTY BABY!" Evadine called out, racing out of Finnick's hold towards the enraged victor. 

"Joanna!" Finnick called out, racing after Evadine. 

Joanna wiped the blood from her eyes, hearing someone call for her only to see a little ball of sunshine sprinting at her with her enormous golden retriever husband racing after her, fussing about the dangers of just taking off. 

"Evadine DON'T-" It was too late as the little siren lept into the air and tackled the blood-soaked woman into a hug. She didn't seem to care as the blood soaked into her own skin-tight suit. Evadine's giggles echoed off the trees as she embraced her friend only to be quickly hauled off as her husband lifted her into the air by her armpits. 

"Good to see you too." Joanna groaned, standing while Wiress and BeeTee joined them. Katniss and Peeta joined the group shortly after. 

"You're all looking... red hot." Evadine smiled earning a longsuffering glare from her friend. 

"Don't give me that look, I mean it... you look bloody gorgeous." Her smile only grew wider as her puns continued to get worse. 

"Alright! That is enough!" Joanna announced, forcing herself to stand. 

"What's wrong? You're looking a little red?" 

"OKAY!" 

~

Evadine and Katniss helped wash Wiress as she kept muttering again and again, "Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock." 

"Yes, Wiress we know. The arena's a clock." Evadine said fondly, washing the blood from the woman genius' hair. Katniss stiffened looking at Evadine. 

"What?" The siren asked, noticing the awed look on Katniss' face. 

"What do you mean the Arena's a clock?" Katniss asked. 

"Well remember those bongs? It was midnight and at midnight the lightning struck the big tree, there so that is the 12 on the clock. Jo and the others came from there so that is section one which is Blood Rain. We were at two which was Poisonous Fog, but we ran over to three which was the Monkey Mutts. Then -erm, let's see, 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! Ten over there is the Tidal wave... who knows what the others are. Kind of clever if you ask me, but it gets predictable when you figure it out, just gotta outrun time!" Evadine explained. 

She knew what she was doing, she wasn't flighty or dumb as everyone believed. 

"Evadine you're a genius! When did you figure this out?!" Katniss cried, drawing the attention of the others. 

"Oh, I thought we all figured it out... you know when it struck midnight and lightning hit? I'm pretty sure Finn was the one who said it was for midnight." Evadine explained.