Chapter Thirty-six: Salty Kisses

As I walked through the mansion's front door, I felt a wave of comfort wash over me as I breathed in the familiar scents.

The drive back to the mansion had been both tedious and short at the same time.

My heart felt heavy, and my body ached terribly.

"I'm so exhausted," Jeongin groaned as he flopped down on the sofa in the living room. The rest of the others, except for Chan, collapsed onto the other available space on the sofa, almost piling on top of each other. Jisung curled up on the younger's chest. Jeongin sniffed his mate and made a face, "Hyung, you need to take a quick shower; you smell. After that, we can nap together."

What did he expect? We've been held captive for two whole weeks and always on the go...

Jisung whines softly, "I'm too tired to do that." Jeongin sighs and scoops up Jisung in his arms. Jisung purrs happily as he is carried down the hallway.

I watch as Chan walks into the kitchen and my gaze lands on the others lying on the couch. They started piling on top of each other. I couldn't help but smile at the ridiculous sight. It was a sight for sore eyes, for sure.

A sight that put my heart at ease.

But a sight that I won't see much longer...

Then my heart began to ache, and tears threatened to brim my eyes.

I walk down the hallway and approach my room, but an aroma of cedarwood and lavender coming from Chan's room diverts my attention. The scent draws me in like a siren luring a sailor, and before I know it, I am inside his room, taking a deep breath. His scent fills the entire space, bringing me a sudden sense of comfort.

I open his closet and more of his scent flowed from his clothes. I felt the strong urge to nest, so I acted upon that without hesitation by taking the majority of his black shirts and hoodies off the hangers. I place the clothes on his bed and crawl on top, lying in the middle of the pile.

I inhale his scent deeply, my Omega heart trilling happily with having nested. I curl up in a ball with one of his bulky hoodies in my arms and bury my nose in the clothing.

Fatigue began to creep inside. My body began to relax, and my eyes grew heavy.

I was almost asleep when my mind suddenly wandered to my conversation with Yujun. Her venomous words kept replaying in my head, making me feel uneasy. I knew I shouldn't dwell on them, but I couldn't help it. They kept flooding my mind, and I couldn't shake them off.

Was I really taken in? Do I even call them Mom and Dad, or just...Yujun's parents?

If they were never my birth parents, not that I remember them anyway for some reason, who are my actual parents?

Why was I alone that one night?

Was I really a brat, like Yujun said?

Question upon question, one after the next, my mind was flooded with so many things, and I was unable to concentrate on one thing.

Then there is the pup...

I glance down at my stomach.