Astral 16 - Mirror Lake

Several minutes later.

The rumbling of the jeep had finally managed to wake Rosalina up from her slumber.

Rosalina wondered why she was suddenly on the back bed of the jeep and not on the front.

"What happened?" She asked softly.

"You're awake?" Joseph said as he looked behind his seat. "How are you feeling?"

"Good?" She answered as she straightened out. "Why am I back here?"

"Well, you were acting strange, and... Melody had to knock you out because you looked like you wanted to kill me."

"I did?!" Rosalina asked. "Um... How was I like?... did my eye color change was I more aggressive or---"

"You don't remember what happened?" Melody asked. "Or are you trying to--"

"No no no!" Rosalina quickly said. "... There is... something that I... I should have told you earlier..."

"What thing?" Joseph asked.

"When I was little... about 7... I started to display a rather rash personality towards people, especially after I used my power extensively, but... the weird thing was that I didn't remember anything after. My friends... well... I really shouldn't call them friends... called that side of me Alinor, it's a mix of the characters of my name."

"You don't remember huh?" Joseph asked. "What about now? What was the last thing you remember before now?"

"I remember telling you that I was holding the gate in place."

"That was a long time ago," Melody said.

"You don't remember crushing the second jeep? Or the things you said to the bandits on the jeep?"

"I did what?!" Rosalina said scared.

"It appears you don't remember," Joseph said.

"D-d-did... did I kill someone?"

"No, you didn't."

"Thank goodness..."

"Rosalina," Melody called. "We really need to figure out what is going on with you, because I have never seen a Xenohuman that has multiple personalities like you do."

"I don't know who to go to," Rosalina answered. "I don't know to whom I can reveal my powers... the first people I told them about my powers were killed..."

"That won't happen to us Rosalina, you can be sure of that," Joseph reassured her.

"I hope you are right... It's been a long time since I had friends like you... I have been alone for a long time because of that..."

They had been on a rough dirt road for little over 20 minutes since having escaped the old city, so they were relieved when the rough road stopped.

Compared to Nautica Harbor, this was a humbler city, it almost looked like it was an old mining prospector's city, which was the truth as in days long gone people tried to harvest the silver-colored minerals from the lake, but later stopped when silver lost much of its value as there was an overabundance of silver and other precious metals around the galaxy.

"What is this place?" Rosalina asked.

"This is Mirror Lake." He said.

"But why are we here?"

"Melody, do you know where Mirror Lake Bar & grill is?" Joseph asked.

"Yes, I know where it is." She answered.