2; Over The Moon

⋆ ★

"And then I went on the bus, mentally kicked myself, then got home, then I saw you, and we started talking about-"

"Hushh. Shh. Shshsh."

Trix, in all her mystical glory, hushes you quite loudly, using her finger on your mouth. You merely stare at her with a pointed look, genuinely affected enough to shut up.

She stares at you back with her bright amethyst eyes and a cheeky smile on her face. Her long, red hair, which is usually tied to a ponytail, is let down today since she's comfortably at home. A little fang tooth sticks out of her grin, another distinct feature of her appearance.

Not only does she look utterly stellar, but you suppose the most noticeable and most obvious sign of her being a witch are her extended pointy ears.

Yeah, a witch. Your world has witches.

You only know two witches. One of them just so happens to be a childhood friend of yours.

And, by extension, your roommate. It is more than easier to split the bill.

"My poor, sweet friend. Have you never been captivated this far," she tats, feigning a solemn expression on her flawless face. "You're in far too deep with that Grant dude."

"I am, and I hate it!" you whine, planting your flustered face on your pillow. "He's just so... so..."

Digging your face further into the soft pillow, you scream like a banshee to let out your inner turmoil. Thankfully, all Trix heard was a muffled mess.

"I mean, he's cute, I guess," she snickers, rolling her pink gamer chair next to the bed where you sat.

"You guess?" you gasp, lifting your head up with an overly dramatic expression. "He's the most adorable, endearing, charming, and handsome--"

"Yeah, yeah. You're down bad, I know. River's better though"-you make a face-"But enough about you, let's talk about me now!" Trix heartily giggles, but not even a second later, her expression turns serious.

"Don't freak out, but a letter arrived today."

You pause.

Both of you rarely have anything delivered to your apartment. Realization dawns upon you.

"The Rhódon University sent you their reply," you carefully say each word, earning a nervous, affirming nod from her.

Trix applied to only one university. You told her it was a bit risky, and she should have tried to apply for other ones, because what if she didn't get accepted? She reassured you that she's confident enough that she'll get accepted, but it did not, in fact, ease your nerves. No matter, it's her choice, after all.

It is the only nearby university that exclusively caters to witches in this city.

As she mentioned last time, "It's this or nothing!"

She abruptly stands up, most likely from her nerves, and kicks away the chair to have space in front of you. Pressing her lips into a thin line, she offers you an aesthetically designed letter.

"What? Aren't you going to read it yourself?" you ask, curiously tilting your head to the side.

"Yeah, but I think it'd be better if you read it for me," she answers with a crooked smile, shoving the letter into your hands.

"So much for being confident," you tease, earning you a half-hearted, playful scoff from Trix, although it's evident in your expression that you're nervous yourself too.

If worst comes to worst, you would hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Peeling off the wax seal in the shape of a rose, you cautiously grab the paper inside. Trix watches with apprehension, ready to take in every detail of your expression.