Suggestions number 3 (demon au)

Thank you to TheReal_Muzan for the suggestion.

~3rd person pov~

Marechi blood is a rare blood type that is basically the equivalent of alcohol for demons, only much, much stronger, a luxury item that can numb their senses and makes them salavate uncontrollably and act like wild animals with just the smell alone, and for this reason, along with the fact that the few marechis who have turned all lose their intoxicating blood, no marechis are ever turned into demons unless if it's on accident, and that's exactly what happened to one particular marechi, who just so happened to be an exception to these rules.

"Ugh, let go of me, you horrible beast!"
Sanemi yelled as he desperately flapped his wings, trying to make the bear that had locked his jaw around Sanemi's ankle while he was asleep in a cave let go by flying away, but being unable to due to its strong grip and heavy weight.

"God damn it! I thought being a demon is supposed to be easier than being a human."
Sanemi complained as he gave up his struggle, choosing to instead cut the leg off and regenerate while flying up on top of a high cliff where (hopefully) no more carnivorous creatures would try to eat him.

See, Sanemi was what some would call "an exception among exceptions" since as a human, he was born with marechi blood, which was already very rare, but then he was turned into a demon, and kept his marechi blood, and on top of all that, his blood became extra intoxicating, now not just to other demons, but to all living creatures who eat meat, cool right? Well, actually no since it meant he was constantly getting into situations like this, and was unable to get stronger as a demon like he was promised when he turned because nearly everything that could eat him wanted to more than anything.

"Ah shit!"
The avian demon cursed as he saw another demon walking through the forest due to his high vantage point and quickly got up to flee, but clearly not quick enough since the demon spotted him, and pulled him down to his level with a blood demon art that was like long snakes.

"Ah, so the rumors were true. There really is a marechi demon roaming around now, and what luck I had to be the first one to find it, Mitsuri will probably be so happy about this~"
The demon said, hissing out and elongating the S's in his words like a snake as he examined Sanemi closely like he was evaluating a precious gem, which pissed Sanemi off, but he held still, knowing that even though this demon was smaller than him, and appeared to be weak, he definitely wasn't because he had the marks for "upper five" in his eyes, meaning that Sanemi as a newly turned demon who didn't even have a blood demon art yet probably shouldn't fight him if wants to live.

"Well, I don't know about that little girlfriend of yours, but I know that I'm certainly happy about this, now hand him over, or else."
Said another demon, just an inch or so shorter than the other demon with the markings for "upper six" in his eyes, and there was another one behind him, who looked completely identical to him aside from their clothes, with the same markings in his eyes, was it possible for two demons to share a rank? Sanemi had never thought about it before, but apparently, the answer was yes.

"Or else what? You two are weaker than me, so you can do nothing against me."
The snake-like demon said as he tightened his grip on Sanemi, who was currently trying to come to terms with his fate as nothing more than a blood bank for one of these demons.

"We are not weaker than you. We are weaker than you and Mitsuri together, but she's in another forest looking for this here marechi, we know since that's the reason we followed you."
Said the other upper six demon, and the first one smacked him in the back of the head.

"You dumbass, you weren't supposed to mention that since we come off as more intimidating if he doesn't know that we specifically followed him since Mitsuri isn't here!"
The first one said as he grabbed the other one by his hair and began roughly tugging, making the snake demon snicker and loosen his grip on Sanemi since he did not at all feel intimated by the two young looking demons.

"Heh, even without my partner, there's no way in hell either or both of you could beat me, but tell you what, let's fight, if you win, I'll let you keep the marechi, and if I win, both of you will forfeit your position as upper moons since you two have been ticking me off in meetings for centuries."
The serpentine upper moon said as he made a massive white snake with his blood demon art and wrapped it around Sanemi insanely tight to the point he felt dizzy and probably would have suffocated to death if it weren't for him being a demon.

The two identical upper moons argued for a minute about whether or not they should except the snake demons challenge, but ultimately, they wound up agreeing and completely forgetting about Sanemi as they all fought, which would have been the perfect opportunity to escape if not for the stupid snake around that he hopelessly tried to wriggle his way out of until he felt it go completely limp around him.

"What the fu-"
He was stopped mid sentence by a cold metal chain wrapping around his head and clamping down tightly to prevent him from speaking as an incredibly tall demon carefully pulled him away from the snake.

"If you don't want those three to drink your blood to point you pass out every day for the rest of your life, I suggest you stay completely silent and still until we get away from that snake because even if they don't notice your absence, it definitely will once it wakes up."
The large demon said as he quickly moved away from the fighting demons, every step he took being completely silent despite how large he was and the fact he was also carrying Sanemi as he moved through the forest, and in the sliver of moonlight that came from the crescent moon Sanemi saw something that shook him to his core.

In the pure white eyes of the demon currently carrying him as though he didn't weigh a single pound was the markings of the strongest demon aside from the king of demons himself, upper moon one.

~~~~~

Sorry for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger, but this would've been way too long if I didn't break it up into two parts, and I already adore this au I've made so if you want me to I'm thinking about making a separate story just for this au because omfg I fucking love this au, but anyways, thank you all for reading this it means a lot to me 💗

Word count, 1200