Amends?

3rd POV:

Yui sits on the edge of her bed, delicately tracing the edges of the note attached to the bouquet of roses. She was conflicted, her emotions swirling inside her like a storm. With a trembling voice she spoke to herself.

 "What am I supposed to do? Did they really change? Is this all just an act?"

She reads the note, her breath catching in her throat with each heartfelt word. Suddenly, she plucks a rose from the bouquet and inhales its fragrance, closing her eyes momentarily as if seeking something.

"Maybe...."

While contemplating all of this her moment of peace was short-lived as she sets the rose back into the vase. she sighed heavily "Why does everything have to be so complicated?" she got up and started doing her morning routine "Luckily Yuuki comes home soon"

.

.

Later in the castle hallway

Yui was walking down the hallway until she felt a presence come up behind her, a hand tapped her shoulder causing her to jump "Ah! Azusa"

"Sorry to startle you" He stepped closer to her "Yui, are you alright?" his eyes filled with worry for her

Yui tried to back away "I-I'm perfectly f-fine, thank you" she cursed at herself internally for stuttering

Azusa began to study her with concern, his grey eyes reflecting a strange mixture of emotions that Yui couldn't comprehend "You seem troubled, is something bothering you?" he reached out to caress her hair "you've been walking the hallways for hours" 

Yui had just now noticed it had gotten darker since she had woken up a few hours ago, "oh..." she looked back at him from the window

"Is the medicine working?" Azusa looked at her before thinking some more before understanding "I understand..." he looked at her with a soft smile "parenthood can be overwhelming sometimes, but you're not alone anymore, Yui"

Yui looks up at Azusa, her eyes wide with surprise at his comforting words. For a moment, they share a silent understanding, a spark of connection flickering between them in the darkness.

.

Yui, still flustered from her encounter with Azusa, hurries away, hoping to find a quiet place to collect her thoughts, "I can't walk the halls anymore...." she spoke to herself "I'll just go in any room" Yui turned down a corridor and opens a door to what she thinks is an empty room, seeking refuge from the overwhelming emotions swirling inside her.

To her surprise(not really) Yui found herself in a dimly lit laboratory, filled with shelves of mysterious potions and scientific equipment. Her eyes widen in shock as she sees Reiji and Ruki working diligently at a table, their attention focused on some complex experiment.

Yui thought to herself "Oh no, this is not good..." before she can retreat, Reiji and Ruki notice her presence and turn to face her, their expressions unreadable.

Reiji spoke up calmly "Ah, Yui. What brings you here?"

Yui stammers nervously, her mind racing as she tries to come up with an excuse that she thinks would make them mad "I, uh... I was just... um..."

Ruki chuckled at Yui's reaction and interrupted "No need to explain. Please, come in and have a seat." He pushed out a chair out that was in the middle of both of them, Yui hesitated, her heart pounding in her chest as she warily eyes the two boys. She knows she should leave, but something about their calm demeanor makes her hesitate.

Reiji noticed her fear and stood up from his work "Sit, Yui, We won't bite." he reassured her, reluctantly, Yui took a seat, her eyes darting nervously around the room as she tries to gauge her surroundings.

Yui then had a thought come to mind as she quickly opened her mouth to speak "Um, thank you..." Yui said "NICE SAVE" she thought to herself, Reiji and Ruki exchange a glance before Ruki turns his attention back to Yui, a small smile playing at his lips.

Reiji put a teabag in a cup with water, and to Yui's surprise he was able to heat it up without a kettle "Would you care for some tea? It's a special blend I've been experimenting with." Yui's eyes widen in alarm at the mention of tea, her mind flashing back to a traumatic event from her past.

With a trembling voice she spoke "N-no thank you, I'm not thirsty..."

Reiji and Ruki exchanged a puzzled glance, noticing Yui's sudden discomfort.

Yui notices their faces and struggles to find the words to explain her fear, her mind clouded with memories of a time long ago, with a voice barely above a whisper she spoke "I... I'm just not a fan of tea, that's all."

Reiji chuckled "I no longer poisin tea, Love"

Yui nods, relieved that they haven't pressed her further. But deep down, she can't shake off the lingering fear that grips her heart, a reminder of the shadows that still haunt her past.

.

Yui tiptoed out of the laboratory, her heart still racing from her encounter with Reiji and Ruki. Determined to find a way to escape, she quietly navigates the winding corridors of the castle, her footsteps echoing softly against the stone floor.

As she rounds a corner, she comes face to face with Shin and Kino, who are walking towards her with a box in their hands. Yui freezes in surprise, her eyes widening as she recognizes the two faces.

Yui spoke to them knowing she'd cause a scene if she ran "U-um, hello..."

Shin smirked at the sound of her voice "Well, well, if it isn't the lovely wifey." he gave the box to Kino and walked up to her with his arms out

Kino grinned "We've been looking for you.", Yui's heart races with unease, unsure of what to make of the sudden encounter as Shin hugged her. Yui spoke nervously "You... you have?" Shin kissed her forehead "YUP. We have something to show you."

Yui eyes the box warily, "Remeber? it's something you made for us ten years ago."

Yui's eyes widen in surprise as she realizes what they're referring to. Could it be...? with trembling hands, she takes the box from him and carefully opens it, her heart pounding with anticipation. "O-oh this..." she looked at it with sadness and disgust

Yui's fingers trace the carvings on the puzzle box, memories of her past with the boys flooding back to her. She recalls the hours she spent painstakingly crafting it, pouring her heart and soul into every detail, only for it to be discarded. Her heart clenched with a mixture of emotions as she gazes at the puzzle box, her mind swirling with memories of happier times and the pain of betrayal.

Yui softly spoke while gripping the box trying to hide her discomfort "Thank you...."

Shin's smirk falters slightly at her words, his gaze softening with understanding "then i'll take it" he smiled once more "you made it for us so I want it" he reached his hands out and grabbed it from her 

"okay dude but i'm taking half" Kino said as they both walked away leaving Yui shocked