Running from Pain

At the same time as the ceremony unfolded, hidden away in the quiet corner of the palace's backyard, Agneya sat on the grass, her heart heavy with sorrow. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she clung to her knees, the weight of her emotions overwhelming her. Each sob felt like a dagger piercing her chest, the pain of losing Alex tearing her apart from within. She cried with such intensity as if her very soul was pouring out along with her tears.

As she heard footsteps approaching, she quickly moved to the side corner, concealing herself to avoid being seen while she continued to cry.

Person 1: "Why aren't they here yet? I'm hungry. I need blood."

Person 2: "They should be here by now. Hold on for a few more minutes."

Person 3: "Why aren't humans punctual? This is frustrating."

Agneya's heart raced as the gravity of her situation sank in. Surrounded by supernatural beings, including vampires, she realized the situation she was in. If they caught sight of her, she would be in grave danger, her blood sought after as a mere commodity. Panic surged through her as she struggled to devise a plan to escape undetected.

'ദൈവമേ, ഞാൻ ഇപ്പോൾ എന്ത് ചെയ്യും?...oh no...വേദ്..ഞാൻ എത്ര മണ്ടിയാണ്..ഞാൻ അവനോട് പുറത്ത് നിൽക്കാൻ പറഞ്ഞു..അവന് ഒന്നും സംഭവിക്കില്ലെന്ന് ഞാൻ പ്രതീക്ഷിക്കുന്നു..ദൈവമേ '(oh God, What will I d now?..Ved..how stupid I am..I left him outside..I hope he is fine..Oh God Please keep him safe). she thought.

Agneya's heart pounded in her chest as she realized the vampires were growing restless. She knew she had to remain hidden until they left, or else she may become their target. Sweat dripped down her forehead as she silently prayed for them to depart without discovering her presence.

As the vampires sniffed the air, they detected the faint scent of a human nearby.

Vampire 1: "Do you smell that? There's a human nearby."

Vampire 2: "Of course, there will be. This place has all of us - humans, vampires, all. But you know they're not here to donate blood. They're here to attend the ceremony like us.But we can't have their blood. That's against the oath. We will have to wait until the registered people come and donate it. So wait patiently."

Vampire 1: "Well, easy for you to say. I haven't had anything in the last two weeks. I was busy at the border. I'm starving. It's getting hard to control."

Vampire 2: "Just hold on a few more minutes. I'm sure they'll be nearby."

Vampire 1: "What if I lose control?"

Vampire 4: "You don't want to strike. HE won't like it."

Vampires hearing 'HE' understood who they meant and kept quiet. Vampire 4 smirked.

Vampire 4." Well, did you guys hear Elder is here? "

Vampire 2: "Wait, Elder is here but why ?"

Vampire 4: "I don't know, but I'm going to meet her. It's not an everyday luck to meet her. Do you guys want to come?"

Vampire 3: "But why do you think she's here today? Is it about the ceremony?"

Vampire 2: "It's hard to say. Elder's reasons are her own. But whatever it is, it must be important."

Vampire 4: "Indeed. Let's not waste any more time speculating. We should go and find out for ourselves."

The vampires then continue on their way, intrigued by the presence of Elder and eager to discover the reason for her unexpected visit.

Agneya stood up from her hiding place, her heart pounding in her chest. From her vantage point, she could see the vampires moving away in the distance. Relief flooded through her as she realized she was safe, at least for the moment.

With cautious steps, she emerged from her hiding spot, scanning her surroundings for any sign of danger. The night air felt cool against her skin as she took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart.

As she raced through the expansive palace hall, her footsteps echoing against the grand walls, she felt the weight of desperation pressing down on her. Every turn seemed to lead her deeper into the maze-like corridors, further from her goal of escaping this unfamiliar place.

Amidst her frantic search for an exit, she stumbled upon a wall adorned with breathtaking paintings of couples. Each portrait captured moments of love and happiness frozen in time. Her eyes scanned the images, and her heart skipped a beat when she recognized the faces of Alex's parents smiling warmly from one of the frames.

Next to them, she saw a portrait of Alex and his bride, their figures illuminated by the soft glow of the artist's brush. The sight stirred conflicting emotions within her—joy for Alex's apparent happiness, yet a profound ache, knowing she might never share that happiness with him.

As she caught a glimpse of Alex's portrait, a surge of emotion overwhelmed her. Tears streamed down her cheeks, a mixture of longing, regret, and unresolved feelings flooding her heart. Unable to bear the weight of her emotions any longer, she turned away from the painting and resumed her frantic pace through the hallways.

Her mind was consumed with thoughts of Alex, their shared memories haunting her every step. But amidst the turmoil of her emotions, one thing remained clear—she needed to escape this place, find her friend, and flee from the danger that lurked within the palace walls.

Driven by a mix of fear and determination, she sprinted through the hallways, her footsteps echoing against the polished floors. Each turn seemed to lead her deeper into the labyrinth of the palace, but she refused to give in to despair.