[26] friends? right?

Weeks had passed since our trip in el nido. Everyone has gone back to their usual routine, work etc.

Then here i am. Sitting down. No mood at all. These past few days Samantha and that Isaac guy had been hanging out a little too much for my liking. Lumalabas sila together atleast 4 times a week. I do trust my wife. but I dont trust the guy.

I havent said anything about either. I dont wanna make her feel like im restricting her from making friends or anything.

I grabbed my bag and drove to the company headquarters. Wala naman ako masyado gagawin today. Pero i rather keep myself surrounded by people and be busy than thinking about my wife with that guy over and over again.

"maam pa pirma na lang po dito" the woman in heels requested.

"okay just leave it ther-" a door knock interrupted me as i speak. The door opened without me saying "come in" which is sort of weird. kasi my employees know basic manners.

"Whats w the reaction?" oh my goodness.

"just leave the papers on the table, mamaya ko na yan pipirmahan and you may leave" i spoke softly trying not to burst in anger. at dali dali na rin nya ito inilapag at lumabas na rin.

"good some alone time finally, with my dearest michelle dee"

"why are you here rhian?"

"what? am i not allowed to be in here anymore? "

"what do you want?"

"well gusto ko magkabalikan tayo. but that feels just merely impossible. besides, my new friend seems to like you more than i do.

plus magkaibigan na kami ng asawa mo." she added.

"get to the fucking point. "

"jeez. calm down. i want us to be good friends michelle. "

"no. thats final"

"oh c'mon! galit ka pa rin ba? its been years for god sake michelle"

"years? yeah years of hurting. because you decide to play with me and how i feel towards you and you made me look like a fool infront of everybody. by everybody i meant. EVERYBODY. but thats okay. thats the past."

"i'm a changed person na michelle"

"good for you then?"

whatever. i dont wanna hear bullshit. i was going to walk away when i heard

"how would your wife feel if she saw this picture?" i froze. anong picture tinutukoy nya?

she put her phone on the table that seperates us. and i look down to see anntonia and i's picture in the plane.

a picture i wasnt even aware that is taken.

"san mo yan nakuha. "

"basta. bakit? takot ka na ikalat ko to?"

"c'mon rhian. you're really going this low?"

"me? going low? this is just the starting baby. pag kinalat ko to. of course i'll blur out anntonia's face."

" with anntonia's body figure its impossible for excuses like "si samantha yan" in the media. kaya ikaw lang ang agrabyado dito." she continued.

"ano ba kasi ang gusto mo. sabihin mo na para matapos na"

"its not exactly what i want. its what she wants" the door opened revealing anntonia.

she locked the door and walked to where we were standing with good posture and head held up high with confidence.

"you guys know each other? and you're both working against me?"

"your father fucked up a deal with my father. we agreed on 3 briefcase but he only gave half of what is intended. we gave full payment for it. your father is nowhere to be found michelle. we called him multiple times. i lost exactly 1.3 million pesos."

"anong connect nito sayo? "

"im working under her"

ano to sabwatan?

"i understand. i'll give back the percentage of the money that you had lost. now you dont have to do this. trying to ruin my reputation and my relationship with my wife. so please just stop"

"im having fun seeing you like this" she starts walking over to me. now nothing in between separating us. she takes another step closer now my back against the wall.

"i want you to beg"

"oh now this is getting exciting" rhian spoke sitting on my desk.

-
< time skip >

I snapped back to reality thinking of what just went down in my office when Ethan hugged me. "Mama someone is calling" he said holding my phone.

"Thank you" i took the phone from his hand and picked up the phone call.

Max : Mich?

Michelle : yeah? Hey how are you?

Max : listen to what im gonna say okay? And listen carefully.

Michelle: bakit ganyan tono mo?

Max: because i saw something i wish i didnt.

Michelle: bakit ba? what is happening? are you okay? max are you okay?

Max: michelle..

Michelle: max im asking are you okay?

Michelle: MAX ANSWER ME.

Max : michelle please. Just listen first. Your wife is in a cafe with some guy. Her head is on this guy's shoulder. And her arm clinging onto his bicep.

I felt my heart break slowly.

Michelle: sino kasama nya?

maybe brother nya lang? i said in my head trying to find reasons positively.

Max: tall, black hair, mascular, wearing sunglasses.
at this point she turned on her camera. and there she was. with isaac. but why?

Michelle: maybe they're just friends.

Max: how blind can you be michelle?

Michelle: Im not. baka nga friends lang talaga sila.

im just trying to fool myself at this point. ayaw ko mag isip ng masama sa asawa ko.

Max : could you please just this once. dont make excuses for her.

Michelle : im not making excuses.

Max: Please lang naman. Open your fucking eyes.

The call ended.

They are just friends right? right?