Dixon and Mimroe

The pictrure on the right is what Abbey looks like. :3

Prologue:

Daryl's Perspective

I had been searching for that little girl for hours. The voices in my head telling me that it was useless. She was gone, dead. I couldn't let Carol down though nor could I leave little Sophia out in the open for a bunch of walkers to munch on her. I would be such a horrible person if I came back with no Sophia yet again.

I heard a sudden snap of a twig and the rustling of...something. Knowing it might be a walker, I raised my crossbow up towards the direction of the noise. It was a young woman leaning against the tree, obviously younger than me.

She looked at me, her sea blue eyes looked up at me. She held her leg which was wrapped in a blue sweatshirt, starting to turn red from her blood seeping through. I knew she must have come across some trouble, she looked well beaten up.

"Help.." she whispered before her eyes close and she leaned forward.

I ran out for her as fast as I could. She collapsed in my arms, a lot less heavier than I'd thought she be. I slung my crossbow over my shoulder and scooped her up, bridal style.

Back at the farm, many people were confused and surprised. We had just arrived at the farm at the time, Carl had been shot early that week. I was sure that Hershel could treat another wounded person. Bringing her inside with the help of Rick, we gave her the care she needed. Even though I acted like an ass to her at first, that's just kind of my way of hiding my feelings.

I'm not a douchebag. I'm not an asshole. All I needed was someone to remind me that I'm not a bad guy. I'm broken, and I guess what I needed was a broken woman. In this crazy, shithole of a world, I found out that I was the man I wanted to be. It's all thanks to Abbey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten months later

Abbey's Perspective

It's been ten months since Daryl found me in the woods, eight since we left Hershel's farm from a huge walker attack. When I was found in the woods, I just barely escaped an attack on my group filled with my little sister, uncle, family friends, neighbors, and a couple others. They were the asses that were following us for months because we had everything from medicine to weapons, anything everyone desires during an apocalypse.

The one that liked to follow me around like some lost puppy was the little bitch that shot me. In the whole feud, I got separated from my little sister, Whitney, and I feared for the worst for her. I wish I didn't run away but I was scared. What a wimp I am. I still can't live with myself.

I was now at the prison with my new group. We had lost a woman named Lori and a man who went by the nickname T-Dog. Our group was now made up of Officer Rick Grimes, his kids Carl and Judith, Hershel Greene and his two daughters Beth and Maggie, Glenn who was Maggie's boyfriend, Carol Peletier, Michonne, and the Dixon brothers, Merle and Daryl.

Daryl Dixon. That man saved my life. Even though he was four years older than I, I couldn't help but feel some sort of attraction to the redneck with a crossbow. I know he hadn't always been the kindest to me, but the little squirrel catcher grew on me.

When I woke up today, I had no clue this was going to be an emotional day. I guess I probably should have been prepared for it. There is a lot to expect in a world overflown with geeks that want to tear you down to the bone.

I sat on the edge of my bed waiting for God knows what. I fumbled with my hands, twirling my thumbs in circles against each other. I heard footsteps, my head turning towards the doorway of my cell.