This Destroys Us

Daryl's Perspective:

Abbey and I had kept up with that behavior for two weeks. I didn't believe in that crap "sex before marriage", I ain't a saint. But now that I slept with her, I was no longer a virgin. It didn't matter anyways, we were to be married here soon. By soon, I mean a few hours from now.

Everyone was getting ready at a casual pace, I barely even had a shirt on. I yanked out the tuxedo I borrowed from Glenn, holding it up before. Damn, I ain't this classy. I slipped on my pants and my jacket, tighting my tie. It was the first time I walked out of my cell without me crossbow.

"Ey' Abs."

My fiance was fumbling around with something in her bag,zipping it up at the sound of my voice. She had her hair all done up wearing nothing but a tank top and shorts. I watched her turn around, her eyes puffy with tears strolling down her face.

"Daryl." she sniffled, furiously wiping her tears away. She gave a small smile. "You look good."

"Abbey" I spoke. "Why ye crying? It's a day to be, ye know, happy?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." she reassured. "I just, hate the fact my uncle can't walk me down the asile, you know? I always wanted him to do that."

I rubbed her back with my palm, scooting next to her on my bum. Abbey looked up at me with her turquise eyes. They looked at me, hoping I'd say something comforting. "It's okay."

Abbey took a deep breath. "Yeah, I guess so."

"I'm sorry, I suck at comfertin' people." I mumbled.

She giggled, putting her hand onto the side of my face. She leaned in to kiss my cheek but I turned so our lips met. She looked surprised but she didn't mind it.

Abbey stood up, holding her left hand up for me. I grabbed her good arm as I pulled myslef up. "I need to go get ready. I'll see you soon." she kissed me one last time as she walked off with the women.

I jammed my thumbs in my pocket as I walked out. Our block was pretty empty besides all the women leading Abbey to the Woodbury citizens' cell block to get ready. I didn't see why I couldn't see her dress, it had already been used by Maggie. Walking outside, I see everyone hustling around as they try to get ready. I walk off into a place where I can be alone as I stare out into the field of walkers.

I sit down, trying to think of a speech for Abbey. I love ye and that's all I got te say because I'm really bad at this. Damn, I'm going to sound like an asshole if I do that.

"It's because it's in yer blood, dumby." A familiar voice reminded me.

"Merle?" I asked.

My brother appeared before me, he wore the same thing he had wore the day he died. Instead of only three fingers , he had all ten fingers. He wore that smirk he always had. He was Merle Lee Dixon, my older brother.

"The one and only." he chuckled, sitting down next to me. "Mhhhmm. What a fine day fer my lil' brudder to clean himself up."

"Wha's that suppose to me?" I growled.

He chuckles again. "Nothing. I jus' can't believe my lil' brother is finally growin' up. That took some balls te ask that lil' sexy thang with an attitude te marry ye. Then ye got laid? Up top, lil' brother." he held up his hand for a high five.

"Watch it!" I snarled. "That's my soon-to be wife yer talkn' 'bout."

He held up his hands, defensivly. "Wow, ye really are protective over that lil' girlie."

"Cause I love 'er, ye dumbass!" I yell. "Fer once in my life, I feel happy that someone loves me other than you! Good lord, man. Ye could be happy fer me, but instead ye come to insult me n' my fiance."