Distraught

I didn't know how long it was till we had arrived back at the prison. The sun rose just about an hour before we left the once populated town. Rick decided to bring the remaining Woodbury citizens and supplies back to the prison. They boarded a bus as Daryl lead everyone back to our "home".

My face was buried in his angel wings vest. These last two days have been unbearable for me. Everything seemed to be happening too fast. I didn't even want to think about where Whitney was. The thoughts still invaded my head. She was probably either scared and alone, zombie bait, or a monster herself. But I stopped myself from crying. I think I was already dried out from all the bawling I did today.

"Ye okay, baby girl?" Daryl asked, yelling over the roaring sounds of the motorcycle.

"I guess so!" I yelled back with all the strength my voice had left.

I rested my head against his back again. The crisp wind blowing my hair everywhere. My grip around his waist tightened as I shut my eyes, not wanting to see the world around me.

I could hear the metal gates of the prison opening so I finally opened my eyes, looking around at the bright, shiny day. Daryl and I got off his motorcycle. We watched the Woodbury citizen board off the bus as our group lead them inside.

"Rick is going to give them the other cell block." Daryl said as the children and women were lead in. Most of the women were elderly, which worried me. What if they died in their sleep and came back as a walker.

"Maggie, Hershel, and Beth.Take care of the others and help them get settled in with Tyreese and Sasha. Make sure if they have any condition or needs. Glenn, Karen, and Carl, you're on watch duty. Michonne, Daryl, and Abbey, go get some rest."

Daryl put his arm around me, leading me inside. "Ye want somethin' te eat?" he asked when he heard my stomach grumble loudly.

I laughed a little putting my hands to my stomach. "Yeah, that sounds good right about now."

Michonne already headed off to sleep. I really wish I had comforted her and been there for her through Andrea's death but I was dealing with high emotions myself. I sat down at the table along with Daryl. Carol walked in with baby Judith, feeding her with a bottle.

"Can ye' make us sumthin'?" Daryl asked to the now struggling woman with a fussy baby.

"I can take Judith if you'd like." I smiled, opening my arms for the little baby.

She breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much. You want something to eat too?"

I nodded as she placed the small human in my arms. She was fussy as Carol made the switch. "Shhh." I whispered, grabbing the bottle and giving it to the baby. It silenced her immediately as she suckled away at the bottle.

"Wow, yer pretty good at that. Got er silent pretty quickly." Daryl mused.

"I was thirteen when my sister was born, so I know a lot about babies." I stated, proudly.

Carol didn't take long to prepare our meals. She walked over with two heaping bowls of rice. "Mor' rice?" Daryl moaned. "Yum.."

"It's pretty much all we got." Carol answered. She scooped Judith out of my arms and started walking up the steps to put her to sleep.

"Thanks Carol." I called out to her.

"Sure, no problem." she turned with one eyebrow raised and a sly smile. "Just no funny business between you two now. Don't want to wake up Judith."

Daryl laughed as I blushed. "Don't count on it, Carol." I shyly smiled.

"Thank goodness. You two have only had a thing for three days. You two are not a bunch of teenagers." She laughed, finishing her way up the stairs.