6 - Jealousy

The next few weeks flew by at a miserably slow speed

The next few weeks flew by at a miserably slow speed. The second year's had their hands full, dealing with curses that popped up everywhere. The day couldn't end fast enough for them to be done and come back to school.
Gojo, Shoko and Geto were hardly seen at Jujutsu High. They'd return in the darker hours of the night to sleep, heal themselves and return back to another mission.

Even the first years were given missions of their own, some a bit daunting.
Nanami and Haibara were sent on missions to help eradicate lower level curses. It was risky as the information on the curses were not accurate at times.
On a particular mission, the grading of the curse was higher than stated, leaving unseasoned sorcerers to fight something they were not yet fully capable of.

Gojo had luckily been tipped off and had come in at the knick of time. Nanami and Haibara were injured, luckily nothing fatal. Akari was just as busy as the rest of them, she helped Shoko with healing the first years, since Shoko had other missions to complete.

Everyone was worn down. Lessons had been put on pause seeing as how many students were recovering from the
brutal attacks of unregistered curses that made surprise visits, at the locations of weaker curses.

A case was opened, to investigate the culprit and reason for such actions. They searched for loopholes in the school and external benefactors of the perpetrator.
The investigation was kept a secret, under wraps for security purposes.
Even some of the higher ups who were suspects, had not been informed.

It was a busy few weeks for those at Tokyo Jujutsu High.

Akari had begun her lessons with Yaga.
She was told that, given the series of events, it was important for her to help, but not give herself away. She thus spent hours learning to manage her abilties smartly while surrounded by others. She was used to only ever working alone, but that wouldn't always be the case.

She went through vigorous training to enable her ability to think fast and make calculated decisions more efficiently.
Her powers grew much stronger, and she was now able to predict the future, use negative energy and heal or repair large objects like broken buildings, as if it never was broken.

She was also able to word things better as hints and get other curse users to help before any calamity. She was forbidden from speaking about her powers to anyone and thus couldn't openly help. So she resorted to speaking and coaxing others to help. It worked, people were saved and that's all that mattered.

Akari used this exact technique to talk to Gojo one afternoon. She had forseen a fatal accident which would have led to a death. She cooly approached Gojo who was resting in the infirmary, and struck a conversation.

"Gojo-san, good to see you. Long time, busy?" She remarked innocently, hands locked behind her back.

"Akari-chan! Great to see you. We've been so busy. But we are getting stronger" he laughed.