7 - Happy Birthday

Geto and Akari sat in an opened, empty classroom

Geto and Akari sat in an opened, empty classroom. Akari sat swinging her legs on a desk, Geto sat on a chair in front of her, hugging the backrest and resting his chin on top. Going to the dorms, was a mistake seeing as students bustled in and out, now that they were on a hiatus.

She tried to avoid staring at his thighs, seeing as how he sat drew attention to that area with the way he sat.

Inhaling sharply, and wanting to get this out she began, "Okay, my full name is Kanzaki Akari. I come from the Kan clan. They are old as time and our abilities are usually kept hidden. Concealed even from some of our own members. I came here more for safety than anything else. At Jujutsu High. One of my abilities include the gift of divine sight. And that's how I knew more about you, than you let on..." she explained, trailing off quietly. She blurted everything out, getting it out and open.

"Gift of sight? Like future sight. Prophecies, all that?" He asked, intrigued with her powers and family history.

Akari shook her head, "No, not really. What I am about to tell you is confidential information. My family usually forbids from sharing this with anyone, but I trust you." He smiled warmly. "Divine sight means seeing anyones past, or future. Practically any point of time in their life. In addition to that, we have the abilty to- to sort of manipulate the events. We call it time manipulation. So we can alter events and save lives."

Geto studied her, captivated. He calmly listened. He wasn't angry, or upset, not jealous nor confused. He simply felt at peace. He watched her, cocking his head to the side. He breathed out lightly, the sound of his breaths calming to her.

"People can be greedy and reckless, so my family went into hiding years ago. Seeing as how people are as good as invincible with time manipulation. Being able to change almost any event, and have your decisions made for you... people would be lazy and dependant on us." She explained softly.

Geto felt relieved, didn't expect an explanation about her powers, but understanding it helped. She was strong, responsible.

Hearing that she had to come to a school she didn't necessarily need to attend, just to be safe, to hide, made his stomach plummet. What her life must feel like, she probably had to keep running and changing her locations. Being wary of people, knowing that they would definitely use you. Geto was honored to be one of the few people she trusted.

After personally seeing how relentless people are; both those with abilties and without, he understood why she kept her identity private, he was happy that she did. Akari didn't lie, she just waited to tell him. That was something he appreciated and respected.

An odd feeling shifted in him. And then it dawned on him. Akari reminded him of Riko Amanai.

Being raised hidden, protected. Not being able to openly walk around with her identity. It was so similar. She also had to come to Jujutsu High in order to stay safe. What a coincidence...