Jaejin's backstory part 2

13 years ago

-Look look! Look how scary that guy looks like!

-Shhh! He'll hear us!

-He looks our age.

-Maybe a bit younger.

-You can tell?

Jaejin and Jaedo sneaked out of the church that day. They wanted to go to a carnival but the priest wouldn't let them.

So they went on their own and stopped by a Caffè to get something to eat when they spotted a young man standing alone at a table. For some reason they were intrigued by his presence. He would sip slowly from his tea and stare at the street like his life depended on it.

He had a muffin in front of him with a little candle on it. But he tossed it in the trash and proceeded to watch like a guard dog.

Jaejin and Jaedo looked at each other and went inside the Caffè. They used all their money saved for the carnival to buy a small cake and a candle and took it to the guy.

-Here! For you, Jaejin pushed it to the center of the table.

-You've got the wrong table, guys.

-No, we didn't. It's your birthday, right?

-It is.

-You should celebrate it! If not with others, then with us! Jaedo raised his hands in the air and jumped in excitement.

-I don't celebrate my birthday.

-You should! It's your day! The church always does these parties everytime we celebrate a kid's birthday.

-You're orphans? the young man raised his eyebrow.

-I am! Jaejin raised his hand. Jaedo was just saved from his family.

-Saved? I see... Then, you should take this, he pushed the cake towards them.

-Why?

-You were raised to share everything, right? Be a little selfish today and eat.

-But that goes against what the priest taught us, Jaejin protested.

-You need to he tough in this world. Or you'll get crushed.

-The church will protect us!

-I know what church does, his harsh voice made Jaejin flinch.

-Do you belive in God? Jaejin asked while Jaedo held him in place to protect him if it were the case.

-I don't deny the existence of God, if that's what you're asking. I just don't communicate with Him that often. We all have our believes and we all experience it in different ways. But do not push your beliefs into someone else. Love is not forced, but earned. Take the cake, alright?

-Thank you, ahm...Jaedo said.

-Minho.

-Minho. Thank you! he smiled.

-If you need help with your family or anything at all, call me, okay? he gave the two his number and the name of the police station he was working for.

-Where are you going now?

-I need to watch that teenager right there, he pointed towards a boy with black hair and puffy cheeks.

-Hope you get him! Jaedo cheered.

-So do I, Minho left the money for the tea on the table and ran after his target.

-What are you doing? Jaejin froze in the threshold the moment he spotted Jaedo parking his stuff.

-The priest didn't tell you?