Chapter 4

Yuji was sitting on the bed, waiting for Megumi to arrive. It was a little bit past noon, and he was feeling restless. He wanted to do something, but there wasn't much he could do, locked up in the hidden room.

He heard the door open, and his head shot up. He saw Megumi carrying a bag of food, and his stomach growled.

"Hungry?" the dark haired boy asked, a slight smirk on his face.

"Very," Yuji admitted, his cheeks pink.

Megumi sat down next to him, and the boy could smell the delicious aroma of the food. He reached into the bag, and took out the containers.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," Megumi said, his voice soft.

"Yeah," Yuji murmured. "I'm sorry about earlier."

"It's fine," the boy replied, shaking his head. "Kugisaki is a little shaken, though."

"Oh," the pink haired boy's shoulders slumped. "I didn't mean to scare her."

"It's not your fault," Megumi assured him.

They both started eating, the silence between them comfortable. Yuji was glad that Fushiguro didn't push him to talk about the nightmare, or his feelings.

"Gojo told me you wanted to, uh, sleep in here," the pink-haired boy said, his cheeks pink.

"Is that okay?" Megumi asked, his eyes uncertain.

"Y-yeah," Yuji nodded. "I'd like that."

Megumi's lips quirked into a small smile, and the boy felt his heart skip a beat. He had missed seeing the other boy's rare smiles.

"Good," Megumi murmured. "I don't want you to be alone, and it wouldn't make sense for Gojo-sensei or Nanami-san to spend the night here."

"Yeah," Yuji agreed.

They continued eating, their thoughts wandering. The tension in the air was thick, and it was difficult to ignore.

"Can we train again today?" Yuji asked, his tone hopeful. "Kugisaki could come, too."

"Sure," Megumi replied, taking out his phone. "I'll let her know."

The two boys finished their lunch, and cleaned up the containers. As they were putting the trash away, the door opened, and Nobara stepped inside.

"Oh, hey," she greeted, her expression guarded.

"Hey," Yuji said, his tone friendly. "Uh, I'm sorry about earlier. I was a little overwhelmed."

"It's okay," Nobara shrugged, her eyes averted. "I'm just glad you're alright."

"Thanks," the boy smiled.

"Fushiguro texted me to meet you guys here," the girl said, her hands in her pockets.

"Yeah," Megumi replied. "We're going to train outside."

Nobara's eyes lit up, her expression excited.

"Sounds good," she said, her lips curving into a grin. "But don't expect me to go easy on you, Itadori."

Yuji laughed, and shook his head.

"Don't worry, I won't," he promised.

The three of them left the room, and made their way towards the training grounds. It was a warm, sunny day, and Yuji felt his spirits lifting.

He watched Nobara and Megumi bantering as they walked, and he felt his heart ache. It was so strange, seeing them like this. He almost forgot how different the past was, and it made him feel a little lost.