A little more than BCFFs. ( Chapter 5 )

Pepper tightly clutches my hand, seems a little faster than me and she's sweating a lot I wonder why. I can't be me right? Well we walk up together and finally make it to our room. She sits down and brings me onto her bed. I sit down and she stares at me. 

"Salt?"

"Yea?"

"This has to be the best night ever, don't you agree?"

"Well going with your friend is usually considered lame but you're an amazing friend! Now get ready, we have to go down soon."

Pepper walks into the bathroom as I look into the picture of pepper on my nightstand and I can her shiny eyes almost glowing in it. Shes.. um... kinda cute. she walks out of the bathroom confused about what I'm doing.

"Uh- um w-we really need to... uh clean this frame...?"

"Sure okay, well you can go put some makeup on or something."

"Yeah uh thanks." 

I walk into our bathroom staring at the mirror starting to apply some eyeliner and questioning my own self. 

"Why was I even thinking that..? It's just Pepper shes a girl! and my best friend.. what am i even doing?? she probably already likes someone!"

I hear a knock on the door as I lean over the sink.

"Salty-salt! Um are you okay? I could hear aloud of uh.. yelling, what's wrong?"

"S-sorry it's nothing- I just... DROPPED MY MASCARA UNDER THE- uh uh SINK!! i'm fine!"

"If you say so girl!"

I hurry and get the rest of my eye makeup on, and scurry out of the bathroom. She holds my hand and I blush, but I still don't understand why, we have been BCFFs for a long time but this feels like a little more than just BCFFs. Maybe its the way she's looking at me with her smile but anyways we rush down the stairs to the basement ( The dances are hosted there well the normal parties are hosted on the main floor ) we show fan that we have signed up and we walk in. Though expected, it's basically a like wasteland. Deserted even. We sit down at the chairs waiting for others to appear. The music in the background is kinda nice I guess... but before I could even comment pepper looks at me stares into my soul even kinda like the other day just this day it feels even more meaningful. I start to say something until I hear a .... Sneeze?

*Achoo!*

"Excuse me-

"MIC! HOW THE HELL COULD YOU SCREW THIS UP, AGAIN, THE SAME FLIPPING WAY. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, NOBODY SAYS  'excuse me' AFTER THEY SNEEZE!"

"Do I hear not invited guests??? I must put a stop to this outrage!" Fan says I'm a rather silly voice.

"Run! To the snack table mic!"

And then the invisible bow ties walk to the snack- wait what??? How did a bow tie sneeze? Well no mind that, pepper has been looking all flustered all night I wonder what she's thinking.... 

———————————————————

WHAT AM I THINKING????? I shout in my head. There is no way this plan will work out. Salty salt will actually probably hate me even more if I go through with this plan. But honestly it's my only shot to tell salt about this.. but right as I was about to acknowledge the literal floating bow ties by the snack table, OJ and physical flat walk in. Not long after... Apple gets here, uh alone ...? She just grabs a bottle of soda and sits by the bar. Until her soul was fully crushed when personality flat and marshmallow walk in. By this point she just up and leaves. With the arrival of test tube, we're just missing- 

"'Sup LOSERSSSSS!!"

"I thought you agreed to stop making entrances like uh that."

Trophy... guess he is here now, along with dumb cheesy. But fan runs over by the DJ thing setup and starts to play the first song, which everyone knows is the competition and whoever is in the spotlight by the end wins, and me and paper decide to be super competitive because Trophy gave up. I stare at him as I gracefully twirl around salt but he dashed for the middle and decides to vigorously spin OJ as he desperately tells him to relax. A little bit of his juice spills onto the floor, which wasn't really a big deal at first but while I was trying to pull of the finale i slip right on the puddle fall onto salt and well this wasn't really my plan but kiss her right there. right then. 

then she just runs off as the lights stop moving, the music suddenly cuts out to the confusion of the people who weren't listening

then she just runs off as the lights stop moving, the music suddenly cuts out to the confusion of the people who weren't listening. Fan's expression looked applauded and confused, whilst some people didn't seem to care and treated it like it happened every night. I try to chase after her but she just pushes me away with a face of only red. I stare into the hallway as fan starts up the music again still bickering with Yest tube. My whole life seems elevated like we were more!... but also seems like it's crashing down to the floor right now.

What will I even say to her?