chapter 10

her to you. mine to me.

CHAPTER TEN

author: tie-yard asf
i'm literally fucking writing this as rach announces she's retiring internationally i have already bawled my eyes out kay? kay. inspired by my brother's girlfriend who had like 3 drinks and threw up at lunch yesterday xx

warning: emetophobia warning

"and of course, our golden boot winner..."

"rachel daly!"
carla was ecstatic over rachel winning the golden boot for the season. we all were, it's not often a club other then the big 3 win an award like this. rachel hastily walked up on stage to receive her award. she was so humble, almost too humble sometimes. she deserved every bit of praise she got. after all, not every football player gets the chance to play as both a fullback and striker for their country, a country as elite as england.
rachel grinned, standing next to carla and our field coach with their arms around the star girl. rachel's white outfit glimmered under the flash of the camera. she returned to our table, eager to get back to the comfort of her seat.
"that is all for our awards presentation, now eat up, enjoy your dessert and go and party!" the presenter yelled out into the microphone and the entire room cheered, with our plates of food being brought out just before rachel got on stage.
our table was by far one of the loudest, with ruesha, jordan, maz & myself, it was hard not to miss. not even counting rachel, sarah & anna.
i made the choice to drink. not a lot, just a couple of glasses of white wine followed by two glasses of champagne and a cheeky cocktail not long after that.

maybe it was a lot.

our plates were cleared and our spirits were high. we had one more game left in our season and still a whole lot of fun left to have. jordan and i were out on the dance floor together, twirling each other around. we came together when it turned to a slower song and decided to play couple for the next three minutes.
"you're not gonna be staying are you?" jordan asked, making me tilt my head slightly.
"don't worry jordan i'll stay with you for as long as you want" i giggled, my tipsy voice becoming quite obvious.
"no gg, i meant your contract. you're not going to be staying are you?" she asked again. i made a frowny face and groaned. i didn't wanna talk about this, but jordan did. and jordan never asks questions.
"i want to stay..i want to stay here forever. with you, with ruesh, with pattsy. with everyone" i let go of her hands and hugged her so tight i swear she grew an inch.
"georgia you are drunk" she let go of my waist and held onto my elbows in attempt to keep my head working.
"i love you too jordy" the attempt didn't work.
"i'm gonna find ruesha and she can deal with you because no way am i letting carla see you like this" jordan interlocked her arm with mine and led me to the table rue was sitting at. she was speaking with lucy about...something. whatever it was.
"ruesha control your girlfriend please" jordan pushed me towards my blondie. rue grabbed onto me and i sat down on her lap, wrapping my arms around her neck.
"what happened to her?"
"i saw her with a few glasses but surely not enough to make her wobble all over the place" jordy spoke back to rue. i felt rue's hands wrap around my waist, rubbing up and down my sides. i gave her some small kisses close to her ears, but not enough to entice her.
"okay thanks jords" i watched as jordan was quick to walk away and back to the dance floor.
"ruesh can we go home now, i feel a bit dizzy" i said, rubbing my head from the pain. the music was a bit too loud for me.
"sure baby, lets go to the bathroom first though yeah?" she taps my bum and i get up, holding my hand out for her. she leads me to the bathroom and we sit together on the ground of one of the cubicles.
"you stay here 'kay, i'm gonna get you some water" i nod and she leaves the bathroom. i tuck my knees into my chest and my head into my knees, still feeling so dizzy. my stomach starts to feel like it's turning and before i know it my mouth feels super dry. then suuuper salivary. i scooch over to the toilet and spit out the saliva, but it's not long before i start to throw up. a few tears start to roll down my face as i try to move my hair out of the way but it's really no use. my emerald coloured dress was unmarked, but my face was a mess. then the doors open and i hear heels clacking on the floor. that's not ruesh, she doesn't wear clacky heels. i spit once again after i'm done throwing up and lean against the cubicle walls, my arms clutching my stomach.
"georgy" said in a whiny tone, the ee sound being held too long.
"what" i said back in a whiny tone, the aa sound being held too too long.
"you never drink" alisha lehmann pops her head into my cubicle, her hands wrapped around the frame of it.
"i know" i said again in an annoyingly whiny tone.
"so why did you drink so much so fast? that's the first thing you shouldn't do when you drink" she flushed the toilet then kneeled down next to me rubbing my arm for comfort.
"i don't know lisha" my head was in my hands. my throat was burning from the throw up and it  tasted so bad. then the door opened again, followed by more clacky heels.
"georgia what did you do?" i heard a different voice and i looked up to see mayumi and anna both staring at myself and my surroundings.
"i haven't been offered an extension. this'll be my last time hanging out with you guys" my eyes started to fill up with tears once again, but more this time.
"so you got drunk?" anna spoke up. her words ringing in my head.
"no shit" i muttered, my head back in my hands. the door opened again, this time no heels.
ruesha popped her head around the frame and handed me a water bottle. the girls had moved so she could sit down next to me, as rachel, kenza and sarah all walked in next.
"god why so many of you! i'm a mess" i laughed a little and both alisha and ruesha were rubbing my arms.
"nah you're still hot babes" rach spoke, and i looked up to blow her a kiss. both sarah and ruesha looked between us, unimpressed by our inside jokes.
"so this'll be the last time you'll be here with us hey g" kenza spoke, tilting her head at her own sad statement.
"and it's spent in a toilet cubicle" i laughed a little but the tears were still dropping down my face. the girls smiled at my reaction, but it was obviously bittersweet.
"carla will renew your contract, she has to. there's literally no one out there that's available and better then you" sarah was the only that would ever speak logically. sometimes she made situations worse by speaking the facts, but she definitely made me feel better with those words.
"we have our last game this weekend. if she wanted to keep me i would know. everyone else has already been offered extensions" i spoke again, making the room fall quiet. everyone glanced between each other with nothing to say.
"you can be annoying sometimes but i can't really imagine villa without you" kenza broke the cone of silence and everyone giggled at her statement.
"remember when we hid corsie's shorts and she searched all of our cubbies trying to find them?"
maz smiled towards me. i smiled back, reminiscing.
"then when she figured out it was us she got carla to make us run extra that training session?" i spoke back.
"it was worth it though, her reaction was hilarious" mazzy reached out for my hand and i reached up holding it. she dragged me up and pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back while doing so.
"villa doesn't have to be my home, i think my home is where you guys are" i spoke, my eyes welling up with tears.
"you're so cliche" ruesha butted in, pulling me in by my waist and pecking my cheek.