Mystery of the Boyfriend

Mrinali

First ring, second ring, third ring, voice note then call ends. It has been a day since I am trying to contact him. I called him more than a hundred times in the last one day and he hasn't answered even a single one of them. Now it's worrying me. I hope everything is okay. I took my handbag and made my way out of the room. Walking off the stairs my eyes met with the people whom I call my parents, but they are not acting like one. I was shocked by their reaction, as I had expected them to at least support my decision, but instead, they only cared about their image.

As I started to step out of the house they stopped me and asked "Where are you going it's already quite late?"

Taken aback by their ignorance, I responded firmly, "Why do you even care wherever I go, it's not like you love me or care about me so why do you put up this fake act?"

"It is not like that baccha, we do care about you and love you a lot. We know what's best for you, and that guy... that guy is not worthy of you beta. He will not be able to take care of you. We are worried about you and your future." Mumma said.

It's disheartening to know that they want to marry me only because of their profit, like I am some sort of stock "He is not jobless Mumma, he does earn money and he can take care of me you don't have to worry about it." I said in a soft voice.

"He does but..." Before she could complete it, I stated, "I don't want to argue about it anymore."

I announced. "I will either marry him or no one else and that's final. Now you two please stop arranging dates with random businessmen and CEOs'"

I took the car keys from the nearby key holder and went out. Driving through the highways I thought about all the things going on. Here I am fighting with my own parents for him and there is he, who is not even answering my call.

So, I arrived at his place and parked my car in the parking lot. As I walked inside the building, I noticed a few people whispering and looking at me curiously. I felt a bit confused, but I decided to ignore them and went straight to the elevator. I pressed the button for the sixth floor, where my boyfriend lived, and waited patiently for the elevator to arrive. I opened the door of his apartment with the extra keys he gave me. As I entered the flat it was all dark. I turned on the lights and searched for his presence but he was nowhere to be found. I searched inside the room, bathroom, hall, everywhere but I couldn't find him anywhere.

Tears started to well up in my eyes, "where is he? He is not even picking up my calls" I am getting stressed now. I again picked up my phone to call him, and as soon as I called him I could hear the ringtone somewhere near me. I followed the source of the sound. He left his phone here and I don't even know where he is.

I off the lights and locked the doors before going out of the apartment. Walking off the lift, I saw a security guard sitting near the gate watching something on his mobile. I went to ask him "Have you seen Karan?"

"Ma'am, Karan sir to kal dopahar se nahi aaye." He replied looking at his phone.

(Ma'am, Karan sir haven't come since yesterday)

Where is he? He never does this, he even left his phone.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, but usne apna mobile bhi ghar me chodh diya hai aur na hi kal dopaher se ghar aaya hai." I said to the police officer.

(Sir, he left his mobile at home and he hasn't come since yesterday's noon)

"Madam, aap lagti kya ho uski?" He looked at me with lustful eyes. Why did I wear this deep neck top today.