Chapter 2

=A m b e r=

"I win!" Peyton shouted, her fists in the air.

"T-that boy, didn't you see him?" I asked, pointing to where the boy stood.

"What boy?" Peyton asked, looking where my finger pointed.

"There's no boy, Amber." Destiny declared. "Anyways, we have to get you home."

*

I couldn't get the boy's face out of my head. Gosh, what happened to him? How did he just appear? Was I hallucinating? I'm pretty sure I was.

Peyton pulled into my driveway and turned to me. "Get out, we'll be there in a minute. Go inside."

I shrugged, getting out of the car.

I walked up to my porch, and the lights were off. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door.

The lights flickered on, and people started to yell, "SURPRISE!"

I had to bite my tongue to hold in my scream.

"W-what's this?" I asked, looking around at all the people. Most of my friends were there, and they all had plastic red cups in their hands.

"Happy birthday!" Nathan, one of my best friends, greeted. He gave me a bone-crushing hug and I whispered,

"Nathan. Can't. Breathe." I panted. Nathan nodded and released. I gasped for air, smiling up at him.

*

"Time for cake!" Destiny called from the kitchen.

I groaned, I hated when people sang happy birthday.

"C'mon!" Nathan encouraged, pulling my off of the couch.

"Fine. But don't sing "happy birthday" in a funeral march!" I challenged.

Nathan scoffed. "Like that's gonna happen,"

I walked into the kitchen with my arms folded. I had a pleasant look on my face, despite my unpleasant feeling.

While everyone sang happy birthday to me, I looked around the kitchen. I narrowed my eyes, feeling as if I'm being watched. Behind my uncle, the boy that I saw in the park was giving me a hard stare, then he disappeared.

Great, I thought, I'm definitely growing insane.

*

"Bye!" I waved goodbye to the last person to leave. I was exhausted. I need to sleep.

"I'm going to bed," Mother told me, smiling. "happy birthday!"

I gave a tired smile. "Thanks."

I stifled a yawn before walking upstairs.

*Dream*

BOOM!

Thunder roared from a mile away. Five year-old me his under the covers, squealing in fright.

"It's okay..." a voice whispered soothingly.

I didn't know where the voice came from, but it definitely was from a male.

"Thank you..." Five year-old me whispered, before drifting off to sleep.

~Dream over~

BOOM!

Thunder struck, rain splattering against the window.

"I see the thunder finally awoke you." A voice growled, then the thunder and rain suddenly stopped. "You're a heavy sleeper."

I opened my mouth as if to scream, but no sound came.

"Y-you're the -"

"The boy you saw at the park? Yes, that's me."

I turned around, and the boy was wearing the same clothing her wore yesterday; simple black clothing with his sleeves gently rolled up.

Up close, the boy was very handsome. However, my eyes traveled to his big, feathery, black wings.

"Why are here?" I asked, moving away from him. "Get out, now."

The boy rolled his eyes. "We need to leave, this instant. Your parents have already been taken care of."

My eyes widened in fear. "W- get away from me!" I screeched, getting off of my bed and backed up against the wall.

"Look, if you don't come willingly, I'll have to take you by force." The boy threatened.

"Try, I'll kick your balls." I shot back.

The boy chuckled, then with a flick of his hand, my vision went black.