"Suck it."

Branch's command was a simple one, but Poppy's reaction was anything but. She glanced at him with her jaw dropped in shock. "No! Ew, put that away!"

Branch rolled his eyes. "Poppy, stop acting like you've never seen it before, and just do it."

But the Pop Queen shook her head adamantly. "No way! I don't even know where it's been!"

He gave her a deadpanned looked. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously! I could get a disease!" Poppy pointed out.

"You're not gonna get a disease," he countered.

"I'm not putting that in my mouth. Why would I want to in the first place?"

"Well, it's very relaxing, for one."

"Relaxing?" Poppy couldn't believe her ears!

"Yeah! I know it sounds a little weird at first, but you'll get used to it. Plus... it'll make me happy if you at least try it."

Poppy's eyes sparkled at this. "It would?" she asked.

"Yeah, it would," Branch smirked. He knew that if there was one thing that Poppy couldn't resist was seeing him happy. Why, she'd tried everything she could to make him happy for years back when he was still gray. Any smile of satisfaction, or pleased expression that came from him was a score for her.

He nudged her elbow. "It's fuuun," he playfully sang out, hoping that would be the seller.

Hmm... I guess I really COULD have fun with this, Poppy thought, suddenly imagining the possibilities that his suggestion opened up. She stood there pondering, scratching her head and tapping a finger to her chin.

"I..."

Branch's face lit up. "Yes?" he prompted.

Poppy patted his shoulder. "I'll think about it," she said with an apologetic smile.

He shrugged. "Well, alright. But you don't know what you're missing."

And with that, Branch popped the pacifier back into his own mouth, hoping that Poppy would change her mind about using it soon enough.

***

A/N: Get your minds out of the gutter folks, sheesh!