04

Finally some peace

You thought as Gojo left you in the hallways of dormitory. You sigh in relief but frowned upon seeing your classmate along with the Sukuna's vessel. They were coming to you

The red strings tightened but not more than yesterday. 'Might be because he isn't switched to the curse'
The pink haired boy dragged his ravenette classmate into your direction.

"I'm..Yuji Itadori. Nice to meet you" the vessel now you know as Yuji Itadori smiled at you. But unlike the smiles you remember his smile is different. It's not one of those mocking or fake smiles of the  officials , that higher ups sent to you . It wasn't also a teasing or playful smile gojo will always give you. It was similar to Suguru's...no...it was more genuine.

It's been a decade, since you saw someone smiling genuinely at you. Your chest flutters with a unknown feeling of warmth because of his smile which was the most genuine one. Your lips part slightly to say something but the ravenette interrupted.

"I'm Megumi Fushiguro. Nice to meet you Geto" he held out his hand to you. You narrowed your eyes,to consider the thought of shaking fushiguro's hand. You shook his hand anyways, beside him Itadori pouted .

"Not fair Fushiguro. I introduced myself first. Besides you didn't told me you already knew her name" Itadori said with a slight disappointment but Fushiguro just rolled his eyes.

It was quiet for a while. The conversation didn't go anywhere. A perfect chance for you to escape from socializing . Just when you was about to leave. a growling sound comes from the both boy's stomachs. Itadori cackled while Fushiguro just sighed.

"Geto...we'll be going for a lunch. Are you gonna join?" The ravenette asked while already heading into the direction. You shook your head. "C'mon it's already lunch time. Join us. We can get to know each other better if we spend time together." Yuji suggested while having that same smile on his face .

'This guy,...I don't think I can refuse'

"Fine..lead the way" you spoke while sliding your hands into the pockets .
Both of you walked behind Fushiguro, who was leading you two to the kitchen.

"Damn....nothing is cooked to eat" Fushiguro grumbled at the realization.
"Wait...I can cook something. I'll teach both you and geto too" Itadori bounced up and down. He was really eager to cook and to teach both of you.

Both you and Fushiguro approved nonetheless. Itadori explained the recipe to both of you. You still didn't get most of the steps since you kept zoning out.

Interaction wasn't your thing. Perhaps it would've been if you wasn't isolated from the childhood . Neither you can interact nor you want to get attached
especially to Itadori .

The aura he gives is something different. He seems to be a good person despite having the most evil curse inside him. His vivacious personality seems  alluring that anyone can get attached to him. You need to be careful.

Jujutsu society isn't a place where you build bonds . You've accepted this after all you had seen the living examples of how these bonds fall apart.'Suguru and Saturo,Nanami and Haibara'

You sigh, resting your chin on your palm. Your eyes spared a glance at the both boys. Fushiguro looked bored and nonchalant while Itadori explained the recipe excitedly.

"That's my meatball recipe. Both of you get to work now" the pink haired boy said which irked the ravenette friend of his. "What do you mean both of you? You are also working" Megumi said ,his arms crossed.

"C'mon Fushiguro a coach never plays" Itadori retorted back. Megumi raised his brow and added "Alright then. Geto ,you and me will cook and eat alone". He got up and motioned for you to get up too.

"Hey...what do you mean both you and her. I'm also eating" Itadori objected. "A coach never plays Itadori" Fushiguro turned to Itadori and spoke in a mocking tone. You look back and forth between the two boys.

"Fushiguro you won. Now let's cook and eat . I'm starving" Itadori sigh raising his both hands up in defense. Fushiguro gave him a nod and all of you started preparing food.

After a while the three first years settled down on the table with the food served on the table. During the meal Itadori was the loudest one while fushiguro scolded him for speaking with food in his mouth. You didn't utter a single word.

Once again your senses alert you. He is here.  Your teacher who is a child stuck in an adult's body. His strong presence can be sensed by you. He made his way towards the three.

"What my students are doing?" Gojo asked pretending to be obvious to the fact that you three are eating. "Planning your murder" Fushiguro said sarcastically. The older male chuckled and took a seat beside you.

You glance at him with the corner of your eye. "You want some?" You lifted up your chopsticks in your teacher's direction . He smiled and gave a nod.
Your hand reached to his opened mouth to feed him  but then retracted, putting the food in your own mouth.

Maybe somethings never change no matter how long it has been since you did them

  ~

You hugged the cookies jar close to you, not letting saturo touch it. "Suguru!you know right how much I love your mother's cookies. Tell her to give me some" the white haired boy whined to his bestfriend about you not sharing cookies.

Suguru looked at you and sighed.  You wasn't a stubborn child you just don't get along with his bestfriend especially after the sushi shop incident. "C'mon give him some. It won't hurt to share it . Or else I won't take you to aquarium" at your elder brother's words you frowned .

You took out a cookie from the jar and held it towards the white haired boy's mouth. When he opened his mouth to bite it,you pulled it back and ate it instead. "Say please first Nii-chan. Then I'll give you" you gave a smirk to Saturo.

~

Unlike  your childhood, Saturo didn't seem angry with you retracting your chopsticks back . He seem relieved that a part of old you was still there.

"So tell me. Did both of you liked it?" Itadori asked , a soft smile on his face and he leaned forward on the table.
You gave a nod. Fushiguro just muttered " it's fine" .

"Friendship goal 1 accomplished" Itadori's smile grew bigger as he said that which you didn't get. "Huh?" Fushiguro raised his eyebrow at him.
"C'mon I'm just trying to make my bond better with my both friends" Itadori smiled once again.

His smile was alluring.  Genuine and pure. You can see through him. He's a good person. He doesn't deserve to be executed though you don't have anything in your control. Youth was nothing more than a pawn in the sorcery. Those who oppose or stand out gets executed and those who don't
forever live as a puppet to them.

'Wait a second. Friends?'

Now that he considered you as a friend the least you could do is treat him good rather than getting attached.

_______________________________________

Chapter 4 completed