103 *Man In Love*

OMNISCIENT

"You do know what that means right?" Maya was currently at Bianca's place with Amanda. It was the day after Christmas and since it was also their work off, they had decided to meet there.

"I mean he gave you something of his mom's..." Biance added. "...not to forget how he mentioned his mom's wish to give that to her daughter-in-law."

Maya knew what Bianca was trying to say, it was something she had been thinking about as well, ever since she had gotten that gift from Massimo.

"If you ask me, that's actually equivalent to asking someone for marriage." Amanda commented.

Bianca agreed with Amanda with a slight nod of her head. "Exactly my point."

Sighing, Maya took the pillow that was placed on Bianca's bed and hugged it. She didn't say anything and simply looked in the distance, as if lost in her own thoughts.

"We get it, it's a huge deal for you." Both Bianca and Amanda could understand their friend's situation.

"I just don't know." Finally, Maya decided to speak her mind. "I mean I know he's trying, he's doing everything he can to make things right." She looked at her two best friends who were listening to her carefully. "But....but even if everything is fine and things are sorted between us," She paused before continuing, "...at the end of the day he's still him."

"He's still Massimo, the boss, the leader of the Italian mafia."

"You are afraid." Amanda exclaimed after a minute of silence. "You worry for your baby's safety." She said as a matter of fact.

Maya didn't say anything to that but her eyes spoke for her. Yes...

"Massimo is different, we all know that." Maya looked at Bianca on hearing her say that. "He comes from a very dangerous world, a world where people like us don't stand a chance." Bianca stated. "But...he's also someone who's a man in love." With a smile, Bianca looked at her friend. "And a man in love can fight anything, when it comes to the safety of his people." Maya couldn't deny her friend's words. "Especially for you, that man can and will fight anything."

"I thought you didn't like him that much." Maya mumbled, a small smile coming on her face.

Rolling her eyes at Maya, Bianca scoffed a little. "I'm not a fan of him yes, but I know he loves you and you love him, so ya I can tolerate him a little for you."

Maya didn't correct her friend about him loving her, as he hadn't actually said those three words to her....yet. Yes, through his actions it was very adamant, but the man gotta say it if he actually did love her, and only then Maya would actually believe it.

"So...when can we expect an invitation?" Amanda teased Maya.

"What invitation?" Maya kinda figured what Amanda was trying to imply, still she acted oblivious.

"Oh you know yours and Massimo's wedding invitation." Maya knew it!

"Let me remind you he gifted me a bracelet ok, not a ring." Maya playfully hit her friend with the pillow to which the three of them giggled.