Rules

A councilor checked in with us to see how we were settling in and then she lead us to the camp fire pit where everyone was gathered. There was another councilor standing on a tree stump and everyone was facing her so I assumed she was gonna say something.

"Welcome, campers! I'm one of your Camp Councilors, my name is Carrie. I'll always be here if you need any help. For those who are new here that building behind me is where everybody eats. Over there is the councilors cabin also. Your cabins will stay unlocked in case you need to come see us at night for an emergency." She sighed.
"Throughout your stay, we will play games, sports, do some crafts and a whole bunch of fun stuff. And as I'm sure you are all waiting to know, will you be able to have your phone? Yes we alow campers to use their devices but if your being lame and staying in your cabin on your phone all day or using it for other harmful causes we do have permission to take it away for the time being. Now, any questions, comments, or concerns? Carrie says, waiting for any answer.

"No? Alright also curfew is at nine we will expect you to be in bed by then, have fun kids" she says, clasping her hands together.

Del was already off talking to some blonde guy, and now I didn't know what to do. I spotted Evelyn walking back to our cabin, and I ran up beside her.
"Hey, you're Evelyn right? I'm Gracie, we share a cabin." I say, smiling at her.

"Oh yeah, I know you isn't your name Gracie Harlows?"

"It's just Gracie actually. I don't know why I said my last name" I let out a nervous chuckle. "Anyway I was wondering if you wanted to be friends cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be alone this whole trip, and I don't wanna seem like a loser."

"Yeah, sure, my friend Lucas is also here. I'm sure we can all hang out together and maybe invite more people. The girls here look pretty mean, but we can make it work." She gives me a smile before walking off.

I decided to go for a walk down to the lake. There was the side with the beachy part and the docks, and then there's the side that's closer to the bush. As I was walking, I saw a boy sitting on a big rock and throwing pebbles into the lake

"If you're trying to skip the rocks you suck." I said to the tall boy. That caught his attention.

"Well I'm not." He stared at me for a solid minute. "I don't know, I'm bored, wnd I wanna go home."

"Tell me about it." I said, sitting on another rock a 6 feet away from him. "I was forced to come here cause my mom says I need to be more "social" when I am completely social" I scoff.

I noticed he was wearing long baggy Jean shorts and a black tee, it suited him.

"I'm Gracie by the way, what's your name" I asked

"My name is Noah, it's a little boring but." He laughed a bit, throwing another rock.

"No I like that name. So Noah... did you get forced to come here too?"

"Well my dad makes me and my sister go to summer camps every year so he doesn't have to watch us for the summer."

"Oh I get it"

"But my sister is seven so we don't get to go to the same summer camp." Those words made me think about Lisa and it made me a little sad.

"I wish my sister would come to summer camp with me." I laugh "she's in college."

"Oh damn" he tilts his head at me.

"Soooo.... you said you go to summer camps every year? Do you usually come to this camp?

"Yeah I've been here a few times, it's honestly not that bad they aren't very strict. And all the kids sneak our past curfew to do random crap."

"Oh my best friend will definitely be sneaking out all the time then" I saw Del on the beachy side of the lake. "She's the one with the dark curly hair"

"Oh cool."

Del was with the same blonde guy again and there was another guy with brown hair but he didn't look like the brunette Noah looked like. Noah looked more nerdy and shy while that guy looked like the "football captain."

There was also a two blonde girls with them too.
I wondered who that blonde guy was and why she kept hanging out with him...