Friends

As soon as I walked into my cabin, Evelyn ran up to me.

"Who was that." She said impatiently.

"Who, what, when?" she caught me off guard.

"The boy! The one with the brown hair - the one with that blonde boy!" She asked excitedly.

"I think Noah said his name was Jacob-"

"Thanks," she said, smiling and looking out the window at Jacob.

"You think he's cute or something?"

"Mhm," she nodded.

"You should talk to him Evelyn he would definitely like you."

"Uhm, hell no.."

"I don't know, be his friend first or something... I could put in a word for you?" I asked.

"No don't.. It's fine. Do you think the blonde boy is cute? He's my friend Lucas."

"Uhm, no, he's not my type, no offense. But Evelyn, Lucas can even help you since he's like best friends with Jacob. " I smiled.

"I don't know, Gracie..."

"Just think about it, ok?" I said before I went a layed down on my bed.

My stomach had been hurting. After all, that's the reason I came inside. I felt Evelyn's presence beside my bed when suddenly a bottle of painkillers came into my vision, and I rolled over. She handed me the bottle.

"Thanks." I smiled and took one.

Later on, I found myself thinking about Noah. I wanted to talk with him again he seemed super cool, but I didn't have his number and had no idea where he was at the moment.

I got a text from Del saying there would be a bonfire and that the camp councilors would be lighting it in 20 minutes. She also said there were smores and I couldn't help but smile at my phone.
I put on a sweater, fixed my hair, and put on some perfume.

As I left my cabin, I noticed it was around sunset and was slowly getting darker, which made me happy. I saw Del and was on my way to talk to her, and then I remembered Evelyn. I ran back to my cabin.

"Come on, let's go."

"I'm reading," she replied

"There's a campfire and smores and also your smoking hot future boyfriend!"

"Ew, don't say that." She said, putting away her book.

"Please come?"

"Alright fine."

We all joined around the campfire, and Del was talking to Jacob and Lucas. Then I saw Evelyn whisper something to Lucas. He smiled at her and winked. I really hoped Jacob and Evelyn could date because they would be really cute.

With the works of Lucas, Jacob and Evelyn were somewhat talking and Del and Lucas were talking.

I had joined in on the conversation, but I didn't really like the heat, so I sat in the grass beside the fire instead. I was playing with the laces of my shoes when they untied. As I was tying my laces, Noah sat next to me on the grass.

"HI." He said softly.

"Hey Noah."

He sighed. "Looks like your friend has a crush on blondie." I looked at Del and Lucas

"Probably." I giggled.

"Whats her name again?"

"Del and I don't think you've met, but the other girl is-" He cut me off.

"Evelyn, right? Her name is Evelyn?"

"Oh. Yeah." I ripped some grass out of the ground. After a few moments of silence, I looked over at his hands and noticed some rings.

"I like your rings."

"Oh, these? Thanks.. it's nothing fancy." He smirked a bit.

My gaze was fully on his hands now. "No, I like them. Fancy rings are weird anyway. I like the bracelet too." I laughed a bit and pointed out his pink charm bracelet.

His cheeks went red, and he touched the bracelet. "My little sister made it for me. The funny thing is when she was making they she said, "Noah pink or blue?" And I said "Blue" even though greens my favorite color, and somehow I ended up with the pink one. " He laughed.

"Sounds like you got scammed." I grinned. "She sounds amazing."

"She really is, honestly the only girl I love in my life," he chuckled.

"So if I gave you a bracelet, would you wear it?" I said jokingly.

"Oh, for sure, I love homemade gifts!" I lifted up my sleeve and looked at all of my bracelets. My eyes stopped on a green one. It had lots of different shades of green and was made out of small tiny beads. There were two silver beads surrounding a heart in the middle of the bracelet.

I slipped it off my wrist and held it in the palm of my hand.

"Really?" His eyes softened.

"Yeah I have a crap ton of them." I laughed.

He pulled it over his wrist and stared at it for a second. "I love it."

Those words echoed in my mind for a minute.

"Friends?" I asked.

"Friends." He stated.